Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Thule 591
  • mega1879
    Free Member

Hi,could anybody tell me if my bike (Marin mount vision 08)will fit on the thule 591 bike rack due to a high rear shock on bottom tube?Or will i be better going for the 561 fork mounted version.Cheers Gary

davy-g
    Free Member

no it won’t fit.. you will need the fork mounted one.. I had to go for the 561 for my 08 Giant Reign X0

hope this helps..

the Thule 561 comes with a 20mm bolt through adapter and the normal 12mm lock

deluded
    Free Member

Sorry, I posted on the same thread in the chat forum!

Right, don’t know that I agree with davy-g. I have a Whyte E5, which was based on the design of the Mount Vision and it fits a 591 no worries.

The clamp sits in the triangle between the down tube, seat tube and lower shock mount.

davy-g
    Free Member

is it this bike???

deluded
    Free Member

The white circle is where the 591 grips my bike!

Edit – if you’re anywhere near North Somerset you’re welcome to try it out on my rack.

Cheers,

Larry.

mega1879
    Free Member

Hi,Yes thats the bike!!!

mega1879
    Free Member

Hi larry,is the 591 a better rack than the 561 fork mounted version?Carnt make me mind up which one to go for 🙂 Cheers Gary

deluded
    Free Member

Fork mounted is a faff as far as I’m concerned. I can put the bike on the roof and secure it in less than 30 seconds – not that I’ve timed myself, but it really is very simple.

davy-g
    Free Member

I use both the Thule 591 and the 561 outrider… granted the 591 makes for easier operation, it’s horses for courses… 8)

johnnywhitesox
    Free Member

Thanks guys – I was on the verge of ordering a 561 cos I was convinced that my 591 wouldnt fit my mount vision even tho I’d tried several times and Deluded is dead right – the clamp fits really securely in that small gap behind the chainring and clamps up really tightly. Also because the gap is quite small theres no possibility of the clamp moving up or down the frame. Well chuffed and saved £90!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Thule 591’ is closed to new replies.