Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Throwing away singletrack – what's your policy?
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Just chucked quite a few in the recycler box in a spring cleaning exercise. Feeling a little guilty. Odd.

higthepig
    Free Member

Leave mine in Doctors/Dentists waiting rooms.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what he said [ and a tip from here] leave at the doctors…last time i went three folk were reading my old copies

singlecrack
    Free Member

^^^ same here

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

That is a good idea [goes off to fish them out of the recycler]. I expect wails of protest from the Mrs 😉

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

My wife’s a dentist and she used to take them to work. People regularly nicked the ‘house’ mags but rarely nicked the bike mags. Just sayin’

csb

Nothing better than going to the hospital with a biking injury and having a supply of bike mags to remind you how you did it.

edd

buzz – great to meet you again, thanks for the ride.

Is it wrong that I still have every MTB magazine that I’ve ever bought? My “collection” includes issues 1 to 66 of Singletrack and issue 2 of Dirt.

daftvader
    Free Member

I tried to give mine to my doctors and got told “no thanks,.no one would read them”. Ffs…..

nickswolves
    Free Member

Being a newcomer to Singletrack and only having the last 3 issues, I would be happy to look after any of the previous mags from last 12 months (issue 69 or earlier) if clearing out? Will pay postage etc.

sc-xc

I just chucked about 20 issues in the magazine bank at the tip….

On the plus side, I have a bit of shelf space to put the George Foreman.

Stoner
    Free Member

If anyone wants to come and pick up 11-69 from the Malverns, they’re free to a good home.

nickswolves
    Free Member

I wouldn’t mind 64-69 if you would post? Can paypal postage cost? If too much hassle no worries 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

I could probably manage that. email me your details and I’ll see if I can find out how much RM want to post them to you.

EDIT – I have 64-68 (5x) – I must have moved to digital only for 69.

nickswolves
    Free Member

You have mail stoner – thats fine ref issue 69

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

[waves to edd]

Good to see you too.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

my doctors dont accept magazines due to infection control issues

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

On that basis, he should avoid patients too!

aracer
    Free Member

I’m missing most of those Stoner (IIRC I stopped my subs after a couple of years and restarted after the big hack) – I’ll check which ones and get back to you mrs aracer would kill me if I got more old mags.

My dentist has 220 magazine to peruse whilst waiting – not mountain bikes, but a lot better than the usual offerings.

Stoner
    Free Member

C – do come and take them off me. I can slot them inside some “good housekeeping” mag covers if you like?

Russell96

Drop em off down the local A&E will help save the mind of some other fellow MTB’r, ensuring they don’t have to read 5 year old caravan magazines while waiting to be seen on a Sat/Sun afternoon.

boxfish
    Free Member

Stop leaving copies of Razzle at the doctors then.

Stu_N

I haven’t binned any of mine. 1 to 71 in a big pile on the bookcase, 72 not finished yet.

Who was that hoarder bloke from Life Of Grime?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Throwing away singletrack – what's your policy?’ is closed to new replies.