Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Thrilling q for the IT experts …
  • cinnamon_girl

What anti-virus software is flavour of the month please? Wanting a change from Norton as the resident experts said there was better.

As always, thank you so much!

alexxx
    Free Member

microsoft security essentials. weirdly.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Free or Paid for?

I’ve been using Avast free version and it has been running perfectly fine. No viruses and uses up near to no CPU.

alexxx
    Free Member

microsoft is much better than any 3rd ware spy or virus scanner now, I wouldn’t have said that previously – but take a punt on my pure geekiness.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

yep, for a free AV client then MSE is the choice of Windows nerds everywhere (myself included!). better than most (probably any) paid for ones too, tbh.

i wouldn’t say it’s better than 3rd party spyware scanners though, but for the purpose CG described then it’s the right answer.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

MSE, an ocational scan with MBAM and Spybot S&D purely for the immunization feature.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for the replies with recommendations.

I’ve always paid for Norton and not necessarily looking for anything free. More a case of peace of mind.

jam-bo

I’ve always paid for Norton and not necessarily looking for anything free. More a case of peace of mind.

Norton is a virus.

xiphon
    Free Member

MSE +1

Rolled it out company wide…

superdan

xiphon: Careful with that, it had a non-commercial license last time I checked?

druidh
    Free Member

Another MSE vote here.

Get rid of Norton and your PC will probably run better too.

xiphon
    Free Member

superdan – the company I work for sadly don’t give two hoots about such things.

Gordy
    Free Member

Another vote for Microsoft Security Essentials. Used to recommend AVG for tight-fisted home users but no longer.

Cougar

Yep. MSE is the correct answer. You must uninstall Norton completely beforehand though. (The same is true of any AV, running two is Bad.)

spacemonkey

I’ve always paid for Norton

Urrghh. You bad.

+1 MSE

Mounty_73

What’s antivirus software? 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Thrilling q for the IT experts …’ is closed to new replies.