Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Those 5 Spots on CRC…
  • elliott-20
    Free Member

Holy crap, one dropped on my doorstep today!

I must say I’m pretty excited with my first full suss. Contrary to what seems the norm for my height (5′ 10″) and after much deliberation I went for a medium in raw. The large looked like a gate and too much of a difference from my medium Chameleon. I prefer a more short, upright, snappy position and quickly putting it together tonight it feels pretty similar.

Would like to swap out the RP23 for a coil at some point and need to get new hoses etc but look forward to hitting the trails this weekend.

Unfortunately I’m a one bike guy so needless to say I shall be selling the Cham at some point but I will be sad to see it go and then probably regret it for the rest of my life 🙂

thepodge
    Free Member

Hora will buy your chameleon

elliott-20
    Free Member

thepodge – Member
    Hora will buy your chameleon

😆

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Let’s have a peek at it in the flesh then??????

elliott-20
    Free Member

MoseyMTB – Member
    Let’s have a peek at it in the flesh then??????

I need to cut the grass and paint the fence first.

coogan
    Free Member

I have a medium raw 5 Spot. You’ll enjoy it. An awesome bike. Although buying mine the end of 2009 meant a much larger dent on the wallet! Total bargain price those on CRC just now. Kinda crippled my re-sell value! But ain’t planning to selling it anyhow thankfully.

hora
    Free Member

markhoracekuk at yahoo.com

elliott-20
    Free Member

Okay folks, here it is. Thankfully most parts moved over from the Cham apart from a few cables. Still not convinced by the RP23 but then I’m a coil man and the rear brake is giving me a bit of ball ache (seems too soft) but apart from that I’m as happy as Larry with it. 😀

wwaswas

Bike looks great 🙂

Your fence has subsidence 🙁

greeble
    Free Member

the rp23 is a very cabalble shock. play with it a bit longer and you’ll like it.

crofts2007
    Free Member

@ hora, you’ve gone quiet on the email front; is my offer still under consideration?

DuggieStyle
    Free Member

Nice bike!

the rp23 is a very cabalble shock. play with it a bit longer and you’ll like it

If you re not a whippet, swapping to a low volume air sleeve makes it much more progressive too. There is also a great(and cheaper than a new air sleeve) shim mod for the shock over on MTBR Turner forum.

heihei

Adding a CCDB to these makes a massive difference. I know someone who may be interested in doing you a swap + some cash……..

timc
    Free Member

elliott-20 – Member
    I must say I’m pretty excited with my first full suss

elliott-20 – Member
    Still not convinced by the RP23 but then I’m a coil man

Hey??

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

ah, that,s a mint looking bike. Wish i’d held off buying the Trance X frame saved some cash and bought one of these.

elliott-20
    Free Member

Thanks people

Yes, TimC, when you put it like that it does sound like a oxymoron but I was inferring to the simplicity of coil (i’ve always ran coil forks) over the faff of air and trying to get the right pressure. 🙂

heihei – sounds interesting. Let me know. 😀

fozzyuk

Which 5 spots are they couldn’t find them on CRC are they no longer on offer ?

sefton
    Free Member

good stuff!

I’m 5 10 and have a medium flux – its all good baby 😛

elliott-20
    Free Member

fozzyuk – they were on offer about 2 weeks ago. You needed to be quick.

cheese@4p

I grabbed one, the frame looks lovely but Im resisting building it up until Springtime. My old spot should make it through another Winter.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Those 5 Spots on CRC…’ is closed to new replies.