Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)
  • Those 5 Officers badly bitten in ELondon
  • hora
    Free Member

How awful? How terrible it must have been for the Officers who were almost powerless with truncheon/spray(?)

Just shows- behind every door/raid there is very real potential for harm to the Police. Then theres the planned wholesale changes to the Police force afoot. Madness.

jota180
    Free Member

No idea what went on there but my German Shepherd would certainly attack someone if they beat the door down and came charging in

allthepies
    Free Member

Fred ?

druidh
    Free Member

C’mon – he might be a bit radio rental but I doubt he’d bite a policeman.

wrecker
    Free Member

Proper planning and preparation prevents piss poor performance.

If the police are doing a raid on a property and are so stupid that they haven’t considered that there may be a dog in there, then maybe it’s for their own good that they get bitten.
    Not exactly astro-physics is it?
    What about int? Time spent on a recce is seldom wasted.

hora
    Free Member

wrecker – Member
    Proper planning and preparation prevents piss poor performance.

If the police are doing a raid on a property and are so stupid that they haven’t considered that there may be a dog in there, then maybe it’s for their own good that they get bitten.
    Not exactly astro-physics is it?
    What about int? Time spent on a recce is seldom wasted.

Harsh words but true. The Supervising Officer should have known this intelligence.

BermBandit
    Free Member

I think you’ll find that that is why when they carry out a raid they go in suited and booted with helmets, body armour, stab proof and flame proof kit and what have you. The fact that the dog has seriously injured 4 out of 5 even then really underlines the horror of what must have gone on.

Doesn’t bear thinking about what might have gone on at the local park had the scrote taken it out for a dump there.

brakes
    Free Member

then maybe it’s for their own good that they get bitten.

too harsh.
    the dog sounds extra mental. maybe they didn’t have time to plan? maybe they couldn’t get a dog handler in time?

hora
    Free Member

Wrecker that is too far.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Is it a cruel case of Karma – apparently the dog attacked someone in April , he reported it, and they took no action.

So they should have known that the dog was there, at least.

wwaswas

When my sister first started in the police one of the other new officers went out with the Sargeant on patrol.

They tried to arrest a bloke who had a pitbull with him as he was wanted on warrant. Bloke set the dog on them and once it had a hold on the new officers arm kept shouting encouragement at it as the sargeant tried to get it off and then he piled in as well.

In the end the sargeant had to knock the bloke out with his truncheon and kill the dog by pinning it to the ground whilst it was still hanging onto the womans arm and then stabbing it in the eye repeatedly with a biro.

the officer who was bittens career ended as her arm got infected and she had to have a sigfnificant amount of muscle removed.

hora
    Free Member

wwaswas – Jesus wept.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I thought they took fire extinguishers with them in case of dogs?
    Did someone forget it?
    Doh.

warton
    Free Member

it sounds like the dog was under control and not an issue, until they handcuffed the suspect. They should have known there was a (possibly dangerous) dog there, and a dog handler should have been there to restrain it instantly IMO

somouk
    Free Member

I’m surprised they didn’t use a two shield system to block the entrance and force the dog against a wall until a collar is put on it.

I’m guessing this was a drugs raid and they didn’t want the person inside to have chance to flush the drugs or they didn’t think the dog was that aggressive.

phil.w
    Free Member

I think you’ll find that that is why when they carry out a raid they go in suited and booted with helmets, body armour, stab proof and flame proof kit and what have you.

Always ?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gm4WdV8_TWY[/video]

Mr Clarke, 72, said neighbours were aware of a ‘dangerous dog’ living at the property.
    ‘I informed the council about it, which is why the fencing was put up,’ he said.
    ‘It has already attacked another dog. The owner never had it on a muzzle or a lead, but he did after the previous attack. He didn’t take it out a lot.

So it really does sound like they didn’t do their homework.

wisepranker
    Free Member

His colleagues should be ashamed of themselves, not one of them did anything to help the guy.

I hope they get the grief they deserve when they’re back on station.

wwaswas

agree – they just abandoned him, pretty poor.

hora
    Free Member

His colleagues should be ashamed of themselves, not one of them did anything to help the guy.

My first thoughts were this however 5 were bitten, one other seriously.

Still, 4 or so officers hitting with batons would present more of a defence?

wrecker
    Free Member

+1000000
    That’s what makes it so pathetic. That dog should have been surrounded by coppers knocking the daylights out of it with their clubs, not calling in the firearms team to sort it out. Gene Hunt wouldn’t have been stood on a wall.

yunki
    Free Member

what a farce..
    still.. I’m sure that Hora will be claiming that the dog was a Muslim in a minute..

gravitysucks
    Free Member

My thoughts exactly. They would have all been carrying asps, one good strike would have sorted the problem out and there seemed ample oppurtunity as the dog seemed to nearly always attached to someone.

What amazes me was the reaction of the copper getting bitten. If it had been me i’d imagine i’d be kicking and swinging anything I could at it whilst it was on me.

hora
    Free Member

Why didn’t one of the officers ask for a kitchen knife from a neighbour?

Mind you hindsight is a wonderful thing but if someone came into my house I know (and he would) that the kitchen is the house’s ‘armoury’.

flange
    Free Member

Mind you hindsight is a wonderful thing but if someone came into my house I know (and he would) that the kitchen is the house’s ‘armoury’.

You really do talk utter b0ll0cks…

hora
    Free Member

What would you do flower? 😆

richc
    Free Member

Just looks like a case of stupid Policemen to me, they were very very lucky it wasn’t a mastiff pitbull cross, or a rottweiler as then it would have been much worse.

Hopefully they all get a serious bollocking about the huge mess.

What amazes me was the reaction of the copper getting bitten. If it had been me i’d imagine i’d be kicking and swinging anything I could at it whilst it was on me.

I bet you wouldn’t have been, in real life it isn’t like TV as dog bites can penetrate sheet steel, so whilst you think you could cope with the pain of your bones starting to creak and fracture and your flesh tearing I bet you would be acting like the bloke in the clip and not as you imagine.

I know people in the forces who use dogs to clear houses in a certain dusty hot place, and they have all said that a single dog can clear a house of armed (very proficient) men in minutes and these people are hardened fighters with lots of weapons and experience.

teasel
    Free Member

Muslim dogs and Gene Hunt all on page one – brilliant stuff!

failedengineer

It’s about time these ‘pets’ were banned. I’m sick of people bleating about these dogs saying “it’s the owners…..” Ban all large and/or potentially dangerous breeds except working dogs. That’ll stop em …… And another thing – one dog per family is enough ….

flange
    Free Member

What would you do flower?

for a start, not refer to my kitchen as an ‘amoury’….

wrecker
    Free Member

I know people in the forces who use dogs to clear houses in a certain dusty hot place, and they have all said that a single dog can clear a house of armed (very proficient) men in minutes and these people are hardened fighters with lots of weapons and experience.

Really? 😆

It’s about time these ‘pets’ were banned. I’m sick of people bleating about these dogs saying “it’s the owners…..” Ban all large and/or potentially dangerous breeds except working dogs. That’ll stop em …… And another thing – one dog per family is enough ….

Don’t be a bell end.

hora
    Free Member

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Wrecker, have you ever had a dog go for you? I don’t mean some yappy toy-dog but a large muscular aggressive animal whose only intent is sinking their teeth into you..

I’ve come up against various p1ssed off canines in the past & it only takes a bite from one to make you think twice..

Trust me, subduing an angry dog is not as easy as you seem to like to think!

richc
    Free Member

failedengineer – Member

Why stop at dogs?!? Why not ban all potentially dangerous items, and enforce a strict wrap everything in bubble wrap policy 🙄

flange
    Free Member

You need more knives…the amount of ’empty slots’ offends my OCD’ness….

EDIT: Nice edit – I prefer the other picture you posted…

hora
    Free Member

Whereas in real life I’d come running out with my trusty mountain bike knife 😮

😆

hora
    Free Member

Hang on…

There

failedengineer

No, just dogs.

DenDennis
    Free Member

that vid suggests that these guys didnt have the full ‘raid’ kit, helmets and the like..
    operation ‘big wing’ was 1600 raids over a couple of days (sounds like something out of the wire season1) , would that many teams simultaneously have enough kit?
    shame on seniors to plan it if not available.

Kato

You wouldn’t turn up at every arrest warrant in full kit. That’s a rarity IME

It’s all about the risk assessment and someone up the food chain has underestimated

richc
    Free Member

No, just dogs.

Why just dogs? Surely you would target the things which cause more injuries or deaths first?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Those 5 Officers badly bitten in ELondon’ is closed to new replies.