Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • thomas the tank engine…
  • yunki
    Free Member

Yunki Jr was given a Thomas DVD for xmas..

now is it just me or does the programme deal specifically with negative emotions..?

All of the tone in the narration is fraught.. the animation itself is quite dark and sinister in mood.. and the themes are always about the perils of boasting, or hurrying, being embarrassed or making mistakes..

it’s all a bit unpleasant really.. one for the bin

what are your thoughts..?

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

Its just a kids programme about trains.

alfabus
    Free Member

watched an episode of this the other day when my niece was round… the green one (henry??) got a new paintjob and didn’t want to get dirty in the rain, so he hid in a tunnel.

he wouldn’t come out, so they bricked him up inside the tunnel and he died.

i was a bit traumatised!

Dave

codebauer
    Free Member

He didn’t die you noggin… He later gets pushed my an elephant, then ridiculed for it

alfabus
    Free Member

well, they said that his ‘fire went out’…. that seemed fairly terminal for an anthropomorphic steam train.

Dave

Stoner
    Free Member

possibly thinking too hard there yunki.

Stoner Jr has got most of the books and DVDs and Ive only caught him slashing his wrists twice.

wwaswas

Ah, the early mornings spent dozing on the sofa only to be woken every 15 minutes by ‘dun-da-dun-da-daaah’.

I was pleased when he started watching Jungle Book on loop – at least I got an hour or so before I had to rewind the tape and press play.

chaos

Some of them are pretty poor if you feel the need to analyse them.

Steamies vs Diesels for instance? Essentially they are saying ‘you’re different to us so it’s ok to hate you for it’.

Alternatively it’s just a particularly annoying kids programme.

Stoner
    Free Member

Now its the zingzillas theme music that’s grating my gonads.

Stoner
    Free Member

Some of them are pretty poor if you feel the need to analyse them.

not to mention rejection from society if you dont conform.

How about bulstrode being beached and abandoned? They should have just scuttled him and been done with it!
    Or the double decker bus abandoned and turned into a hen coop?

BigJohn

One of the diesels just said the steamies always try to divide and rule.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I’ve complained to my kids so many times that Thomas is boring that they no longer ask me to read it to them. Instead they pick up the books and say “Thomas is boring” with a big grin on their faces. Result 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘thomas the tank engine…’ is closed to new replies.