Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • This morning I mostly…..
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

….planted a couple of Himalayan Birches.

One small step to redress the woodpiles.

wwaswas

I’m squinting at that topiary trying to work out what it is?

It’s a lot of hegdage, in any event.

ski
    Free Member

Good work mcmoonter..

Taff
    Free Member

Good job there, now for weeding the path…

mcmoonter
    Free Member

It’s just castellated, but it was squashed under last years snow and is still recovering.

Here is some topiary from the other side.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Yep thought so – your day job is custodian of a country manor for scottish national heritage isnt it 🙂

Didnt think there were fancy houses like that in fife 🙂

CountZero

Fabulous garden, really, really impressed!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Didn’t think there were fancy houses like that in fife

I think you’ll find Fife is a Kingdom and oor hoose is rather modest.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Like the mistletoe, McM, did it arrive by itself or did it have help? You are a long way north…

trail_rat
    Free Member

Haha just puling your leg

Mcmoonter = macduff of the castle or are you further south in fife than that ?

Rubber_Buccaneer

I fear I shall be dead and buried long before those trees mature and the ‘how do I remove this tree without crushing my greenhouse?’ thread arrives. One for the next generation I guess.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Slight hijack:
    I’m trying to find a supply of unsplit logs. Any ideas? I’ve waded through loads of websites offering split wood.

I want unsplit partly to (hopefully) reduce cost but mostly cos I love splitting logs with my maul –
    ***grrrr! testosterone grrrr!***

I’m currently working my way through the 22 pine trees we had cut down last year. But soon there’ll be none left 😥

Burls72
    Free Member

Thats a great photo of the garden covered in snow. It’s an impressive garden, the up keep must be a full time job!

maccruiskeen

It’s just castellated, but it was squashed under last years snow and is still recovering.

I don’t know though, a snip here, a snip there, model part of it into a portrait of Kurt Russell and you’d end up with a pretty good homage to “The Thing”

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Like the mistletoe, McM, did it arrive by itself or did it have help? You are a long way north…

It’s not mistletoe, it’s either a Clematis or Cherry blossom

the up keep must be a full time job!

It’s almost three part time jobs. We do everything ourselves.

I can’t seem to find a decent picture of the long topiary as it’s screened by the bigger plants in the summer. But here are a couple that we used to leap frog as kids.

The garden is a family effort, it won the Times Fetzer ‘Back Garden of the Year’ The green section for the recycling we do within the garden and the structures (Follys and Pavilions and Pool Hooses)

It’s one of a dozen gardens in Fife that will be open for the Jubilee, and could possibly be subjected to a Royal visit. Hence my determination not to have oceans of fallen timber scattered here and there.

I’m very fortunate to have the scope to express myself as part of such a creative team, it’s quite different from what I trained to do, but there are creative parallels.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘This morning I mostly…..’ is closed to new replies.