Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • This latest storm!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Something just woke me up so having a quick look on the interweb.
    Bejesus it’s been going off darn sarf ain’t it! Hope all come out ok and Christmas isn’t ruined for you lot!

ask1974
    Free Member

It was fun… Went to a pub in the Devils Punch Bowl last night and it was pretty foul, very wet and very, very windy. Got home around 11pm and started watching a movie – midnight the power went out and I thought here we go! Message from Southern Electric said it was too dangerous for engineers to work so nothing would be done until morning, thankfully woke up to power around half an hour ago.

Sounds like others haven’t been so lucky, I hope they’re sorted soon 😯

Northern Ireland and Scotland face 80mph winds Christmas Day… Pour a scotch, light the fire and batten down the hatches lads, hope you have a safe day.

wrightyson
    Free Member

We’re up early as off out with the kids for a surprise. Just had a quick flick through the news. People stranded on trains boats planes, intermittent power at gatwick, flights diverted to the other end of the country. Gonna be a lot if folk late home for Christmas!

ask1974
    Free Member

Take care. One of our number left London at 4.30pm yesterday and finally got to Guildford at 8pm to find nothing going further south, his wife came and picked him up at around 9pm and he managed to join us for last orders. Apparently lots of travellers aiming for Portsmouth and stations further south were heading back into London to find Hotels – one of those days where everything fell apart.

That said I think the cabbies in Guildford had an early Christmas yesterday, some of the fares must have been interesting!!

yossarian
    Free Member

We are down on the north Kent coast. Things are calming down now but those were the strongest gusts I’ve experienced in 20 years. A number of houses down in the town have been badly damaged, shed roofs all over the place. We’ve definitely lost a load of tiles off the roof and I’ve not entirely sure what’s left in the back garden.

peterfile
    Free Member

Scotland is getting pumelled at the moment.

MWIS is predicting 130mph on cairngorm plateau 😯 Had a nice we ride in the snow planned for today but think I’ll give it a miss!

(cairngorm mountain is already recording gusts of 90mph and it’s supposed to pick up as the day goes on)

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Yep, it was a bit breezy:

🙁

PaulMc
    Free Member

We are due to sail from Dublin to Holyhead this afternoon. Hoping we get home before Father Christmas arrives 😯

Nobby

A few local roads are under water and several trees down but nothing too bad so far. Was definitely lively overnight though.

The Dartford crossing was closed for most of the night but they left the Medway Bridge open where a few high sided vehicles were being blown around when I crossed it – one transit van hitting the central reservation albeit I think that was as much to do with his driving as the wind.

Parts of Gatwick airport are, apparently, without power this morning. FFS, have they never seen Die Harder? 😉

ciderinsport
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/my-house-has-sprung-a-leek

Finally stopped pissing through now!
    Lots of tidying to do…

Not as bad as some, but half the kitchen is soaked through!
    And I now have a nice selection of drain holes!

Ho ho ho etc 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘This latest storm!’ is closed to new replies.