Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 132 total)
  • Mcdonalds bad parent content…have you ?
  • tang
    Free Member

As a lifelong vege(and my kids), I have never been in one, except once which I’m not sure counts as I was tripping my nuts off early one Sunday morning. My friend had a big breakfast obsession thing going on. We approached the empty counter, the smell and brightness of the situation was starting to make me nervous. My mate could only repeatedly blub ‘big breakfast’. How he paid for it I have no idea. Anyway when it arrived he took one look at it, screamed, and legged it.
    I concluded that in a perception shifted state he saw something sinister. He wouldn’t talk about it and still avoids maccyd now.

soobalias
    Free Member

big mac fries to go

hora
    Free Member

I don’t really go to McD’s myself so our lad hasn’t really had an opportunity. If anything its only for their breakies (as their other food has zero content to keep you full).

wallop

deadlydarcy – Member
    And their double sausage and egg mcmuffin

Had one from Bedminster on Saturday 😳

RustySpanner

hora – Member

If anything its only for their breakies (as their other food has zero content to keep you full).

Bollocks. 😀

‘Zero content’ of what?

Go on then, tell us what magic ‘fill you up’ ingredients other food has that McDonalds food doesn’t.

brassneck

If you want true middle class hippy angst Crankbrat age 2 keeps eating meat at parties despite our Faux vegetarian beliefs.

Miniest Brassneck does this. Table surfs parties snaffling up as many cocktail sausages as he can. Eldest (7)is achingly self righteous about not eating meat and follows him telling him off.

nealglover
    Free Member

…I am such a bad parent and welcome any insults !

Is this one of those threads where you just wanted to tell everyone how great you are for not going to mcdonalds

But thought it would sound a bit less smug if you said you had actually been.

But it was just the once….. And you didn’t really mean it.

😐

Jamie
    Free Member

Bollocks.

‘Zero content’ of what?

Go on then, tell us what magic ‘fill you up’ ingredients other food has that McDonalds food doesn’t.

I think Hora is just inferring he has a large appetite.

nealglover
    Free Member

Double post.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Oh well you lot are right… McD’s is rubbish

They print thier figures 90mins ago and global sales are light.

Trading down 2% before the open

Good

hora
    Free Member

Zero content – 30mins after eating a meal of theirs I sugar-crash and/or I’m hungry again.

Only their breaky-stuff seems to work on me.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Not been in one since the 80’s.
    kids been in once to use the toilets

Not a huge vegan range

My [vegan] kids are surprised how many kids rate Mc D as their favourite food – about 70% of the school!!!

No real opinion on them one way or the other for taste but, like most large multinationals, they are amoral money grabbing **** that offend my morality 8)
    I added the smugness just for neal !!

hora
    Free Member

On the flipside. I’ve always liked Wendy’s. Its not a million miles from McDonalds but the burgers felt more substantial etc.

Sadly they left the UK years ago 🙁

toppers3933
    Free Member

toppers jnr (3yrs old) goes once every couple of months i suppose. nowt wrong with it. he doesnt eat much when we’re there but he sees it as a treat. he doesnt like chips ( 😯 ) so tends to eat fish fingers with carrot sticks.
    why people love to berate themselves for taking their kids there is beyond me. if you don’t like the food then fine, but avoiding it out of some middle class snobbery i just don’t get it. as others have said there are plenty of worse places to go to. as long as they’re not eating it for every other meal then whats the issue. its all about teaching them about a balanced diet and exercise.

for what its worth, my boys favourite food is fresh salmon with pasta and tomato sauce (not ketchup, actual sauce). he would get a long way down the list before he thought of maccies. unless you asked him while stood outside one. 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

I added the smugness just for neal !!

Cheers squire, I enjoyed it 🙂

Although I wouldn’t really expect a vegan to be a regular under the Golden Arches anyway.
    So your offended morality is somewhat surplus to requirements 😉

I like McDonalds.

They’re only places that don’t look at you strange when you ask for “a medium white coffee”.

And their burgers taste nicer than those ones you get in Weatherspoons with a pint for a fiver.

stumpy01

hora – Member
    On the flipside. I’ve always liked Wendy’s. Its not a million miles from McDonalds but the burgers felt more substantial etc.

BK whopper should do the trick!
    It does for me. Double whopper on occasion (if I’ve ridden 10 miles round a trail centre and the cake I ate at the cafe didn’t quite replenish all the calories I must’ve burnt!)

Junkyard
    Free Member

So your offended morality is somewhat surplus to requirements

😆
    It often is

Miffy
    Free Member

I didn’t eat in a McD’s until my latish teens.
    Throughout the 80’s my parents wouldn’t go there because ….. There were no knives and forks !

hora
    Free Member

And their burgers taste nicer than those ones you get in Weatherspoons with a pint for a fiver.

Sat down amongst the old miserable quiet alcoholics munching on a miserable burger.

binners

One of my mates fuelled up half way through a weekend bender with 12 big macs, one after the other. Which was fine, but then the freak had a a fillet -o-fish to finish, which is just plain wrong

RustySpanner

hora – Member

Zero content – 30mins after eating a meal of theirs I sugar-crash and/or I’m hungry again.
    Ah, I know what you mean now.

Yeah, for the calories involved there’s not a lot of actual sustenance
    involved.

I’ve got a client who likes to eat there – can’t stand the smell of it anymore.
    The coffee is nice though.

And I do like the Beanburgers from Burger King – you can actually taste something – always find McD’s very bland.

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t experience this, I have to say.

piemonster

I had the sugar crash thing

grahamg
    Free Member

OMG, after my nostalgia post, I just realised that THERE IS NO MACCY D’S WHERE I LIVE! I really have dropped out of the modern world as we know it. I need a mcflurry.

Jamie
    Free Member

One of my mates fuelled up half way through a weekend bender….

Is that like being a casual smoker?

binners

Personally I thought it was deplorable behaviour. If god had intended us to eat McDonalds while completely leathered, then why did he invent kebab houses? Why?!!!

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

One of my mates fuelled up half way through a weekend bender….

Is that like being a casual smoker?

😆

Goddamnit, I want a McDonalds now!

allmountainventure
    Free Member

nealglover –

“its useful to point out how unhealthy some of the Mcd clients look and discuss why.”

No it isn’t.It would be far more useful to use positive role models (like Olympic athletes for example) and explain how they achieve what they do. Through good diet, exercise and hard work.But pointing at fat people and using them as convenient negative role models to look down on is easier I suppose. 

Did I say fat? No. I said unhealthy. Plenty of junk foodies are very thin and have poor completions, lack of nutrition… did I say I look down on them? No, didnt say that either.

As for the positive role models they loved the olympics, my eldest wants to compete in the swimming but cant decide whether for Spain or the UK. Their dad runs a small business and earns a living riding road and mountain bikes and does the odd tri, good food, sport and exercise is very much in thier lives. However, I think its equally valid to discuss examples of negative role models, if they happen to crop up, as well as positive… Politically correct or not.

molgrips
    Free Member

You can’t label someone a negative role model just because they are eating in a MacDonalds and look like they have poor skin. You have no idea what their story is.

You run the risk of teaching your kids to judge on appearances, which is a bad thing imo.

nealglover
    Free Member

Politically correct or not.

Would have been easier just to say that and admit it really.

takisawa2

We sometimes take the Beavers there on the last evening of term.
    (With parents consent, obviously).

Try rocking up at a charming trendy Bistro & feeding 24 kids & 6 adults inside 10mins, for £80. 😉

Stainypants

i took my eldest at for a treat after we’d climbed a big hill. He wanted a happy meal, i went to pieces ordering as i had no idea what you get in a happy meal. TBH he only wanted the smurf toy and the coke he bearly touched the meal. He was full up on Haribo i’d bribed him up the hill with.

piemonster

We sometimes take the Beavers there on the last evening of term.
    (With parents consent, obviously).

Try rocking up at a charming trendy Bistro & feeding 24 kids & 6 adults inside 10mins, for £80.

If ever there was a reason for me not to go to McDonalds, that was it.

They don’t even have Radio 3 or 4 on in those places.

johndoh
    Free Member

Bugger the kids – I got the world’s worst brain freeze last weekend when trying to drink a frappelatte caramel malarkey. The pain was almost unbearable.

(It was the second trip to McDs for our two 4.5 yr olds and only because there was a 1hr wait at the Pizza Hut next door).

Nothing against them really, just don’t particularly enjoy them.

crikey
    Free Member

…and so it goes on, middle class angst, dinner party justification, but-we’re-not-like-the-people-who-go-to-McDonalds….

Singlemiddleclasstwatworld at it’s finest… 😆

RustySpanner

They’re always good for a free paper and a fistfull of free tissues for the car though.

nealglover
    Free Member

but-we’re-not-like-the-people-who-go-to-McDonalds….

This summed up this thread perfectly.

Spot on.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I predict a few **** up attitudes towards food for those on the thread who’ve almost banned Mcdonalds from their kids lives.

I buy a cappuccino there nearly every day, it tastes nice, I sometimes take the kids for an ice cream, it’s not part of our staple diet, and more importantly, the kids have no overwhelming desire to go there, unlike a friend of mine who’s kids are ‘not allowed’

piemonster

Middle class angst is a much underestimated thing.

Don’t disregard the suffering we endure. For goodness sake, I don’t even have access to Waitrose.

The horror of having to shop in Sainburys is truly dreadful

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Mcdonalds bad parent content…have you ?’ is closed to new replies.