Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • This is the day that…
  • Smee
    Free Member

…the world came together to fight back against the global recession, not with words, but with a plan for global recovery and for reform and with a clear timetable for its delivery… Apparently.

Who do you think came out with that pish then?

Stoner
    Free Member

Paris Hilton?

trail_rat
    Free Member

george orwell

Smee
    Free Member

Close, but think giver rather than taker…

Stoner
    Free Member

I didnt know George Orwell was a batty boy?

Smee
    Free Member

Neither did I.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

This is the day ome politician spouted some p1sh

wow, that

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

But it’s 1 TRILLION DOLLARS!

D’you hear me? ONE TRILLION DOLLARS!

The world is truly a better place today.

Smee
    Free Member

It was our illustrious leader.

1.1 trillion actually

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

Smee – Member

It was our illustrious leader.

oh ffs!! we’re doomed!

I’m going to start stockpiling wood and vittals.

Flaperon

To hell with stockpiling, I’m going straight to looting.

JulianA
    Free Member

Don’t tell me someone replied to a Smee post…

jimmy

the world came together to fight back against the global recession

you mean the world stopped waiting for America to do something?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Julian, he was the bearer of great tidings! $1.1 Trillion has been magicked out of thin air to save the world! We’re all OK! Everything’s fine now. No more debt, no more toxic debt, credit will flow freely, all will be well with the world!

grizzlygus
    Free Member

the world came together to fight back against the global recession, not with words, but with a plan for global recovery and for reform and with a clear timetable for its delivery

I like that (although I have no idea if it’s true). It conjures up an image a great leader – I can’t believe Gordon Brown said it. I reckon GB must have slipped Barack Obama’s speech writer a fiver,

grizzlygus
    Free Member

‘ere Flashheart, remind what the Tories alternative economic strategy is again ?

Come on ……. don’t be shy

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Why? Am I the Shadow Chancellor all of a sudden and no one told me?

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Alister, ‘I am going to save the world today’
    I have invited a few mates to London for some grub and a piss up…

Gordon, ‘Oh Darling, thats wonderful, can I tell them all one of my tales’

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Crap answer Flash – you’re going to have to go away and to think of a better one, if you are to have any chance of convincing people that you’re such an expert about what’s wrong with the economy.

Also it won’t look too good when in a few months time, you go knocking on people’s doors wearing your big blue rosette, they ask you a question, and the only thing you can think of saying is “Why? Am I the Shadow Chancellor all of a sudden and no one told me?”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Convincing people I’m an expert on the economy? Have I ever claimed to be such? I think not. Do I wish to be such? No, not really, thanks. Not my field of expertise. I have merely pointed out repeated ineptitude on the part of the current shower masquerading as a government.

I like you, Gus, it’s like having my own personal net stalker.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

I’ve just had a thought Flash – here’s an idea. Why don’t you next time you’re down your Tory club, ask someone ?

Just say to them, “what shall I say if someone asks me what the Conservative Party policies are ?”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You seem to think I have been to a “Tory club”. Why is that?
    Your ignorance of me is touching, your stalking of me less so.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Actually, Flash’s fantasy man was on 5Live today answering questions and generally doing a lot of that bluster he’s so good at..y’know, when he witters on for a few minutes sounding all I-know-that-you-know-I-haven’t-a-sodding-clue-but-if-I-sound-like-I-do-maybe-some-you-will-think-I-do…

I was a bit worried he might come up with some magnificent strategy to manage us out of the crisis. To my relief, he showed that he and his party are still devoid of any cohesive plan outside of “well, we wouldn’t do what the government are doing, we’d scratch our arses, do ****-all and hope that things kinda sort themselves out…I dunno, maybe de-regulate more and let the markets decide…no actually, regulate more and put restraints on the the markets, no, oh god, I’m really not sure….George!!!! Get off that yacht and come up with a plan? What? Eh? You don’t have a clue either? Jesus, give Ken a ring will you…we’re losing our lead in the polls!! doesn’t any idiot in this party have a clue what to do other than nothing?””

footflaps

But Cameron is just so sincere – they don’t need any real policies 😉

andy_hamgreen

I don’t think the Capn is quite the ‘Tory’ you take him for……but otherwise its pretty much like watching Pavlovs dogs in here !!

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Your ignorance of me is touching, your stalking of me less so.

Come come now Captain, I just thought that as you’re so keen to tell everyone what the government shouldn’t be doing, you might want to remind us what it should be doing. Where’s the harm in that ?

Now of course if you think you should be able to make controversial comments on a political thread unchallenged, well that’s a different matter altogether.

To be honest I actually think you’ve already asked the question down your Tory club as you appear to be following the Tory Party line, which is :

“Just concentrate on being negative about the government, and for fux ake don’t tell anyone our policies – not that we’re too sure ourselves”.

Am I right ?

Filthy
    Free Member

So the world runs out of money and they print some more, what a brilliant plan, my 7 year old could have come up with that one. He could have probably come up with a better solution given another couple of mins too.

Politics its all just spin and BS isn’t it.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

I don’t think the Capn is quite the ‘Tory’ you take him for….

I think the Captain “thinks” he’s a tory, which is good enough for me to give him some stick. If wants to play that role, then he can expect to be challenged.

Personally as someone who is his number one fan on here and reads every word he types enthusiastically, I think he is actually a long way away from the Tory Party. But I get the impression that he doesn’t realise that, or at least thinks it wouldn’t suit his persona to admit it.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘This is the day that…’ is closed to new replies.