Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • This is cool (car content)
  • molgrips
    Free Member

7 seater Prius.

Now I know I am going to get flamed, but please don’t post anything if you’ve posted it 100 times before already (this means you, TJ 🙂 )

Reminds me a lot of the old shape Honda Civic.

EDIT: Also seen this, hybrid Yaris – that should be seriously low CO2.

The aircon is apparently entirely powered by solar panels on the roof.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It looks quite nice for what it is.

Personally I would stop short of calling it cool.

THIS is cool.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This is cool

No. It isn’t.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Wot CFH said. Looks like a munter that’s been punched in the face!

molgrips
    Free Member

MF that Lambo is just about the fugliest car I have ever seen.

What on EARTH were they thinking?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

MF that Lambo is just about the fugliest car I have ever seen.

I would rather have it over your electric milk float thankyouverymuch.

It looks like something out of a Batman film.

Mattie_H
    Free Member

Not it’s not.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I would rather have it over your electric milk float thankyouverymuch.

It looks like a constipated bulldog trying to squeeze out a big one

FTFY.

Also, PMSL that the “linked” advertising to this page was just showing an ad for Stannah Stairlifts!

stumpy01

No No No.

Not Cool. By any stretch of the imagination. It doesn’t even look very nice – just like they’ve stretched the Prius shape using the drag handles on a pic they’ve imported into Word (but the wheels haven’t got any bigger).

7-seater ‘cool’ doesn’t really exist, although this comes a lot closer, than the Prius above:

RealMan
    Free Member

I think that lambo is cool unless someone is in it, as no one is cool enough to be seen in it. The instant someone gets in it, it is immediately uncool.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s cool cos it’s clever tech. And I like clever tech.

Stumpy why is a Smax cool?

Torminalis
    Free Member

regarding the lambo, which end is the front?

warton
    Free Member

The Honda FR-V isn’t bad…

molgrips
    Free Member

Do they not make that any more?

akira

FRV is six seats, well five and a half and they don’t make em anymore.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

regarding the lambo, which end is the front?

The opposite end to the one you see disappearing into the distance as it flashes past you.

DezB
    Free Member

I like the Yaris. Looks a hell of a lot nicer than my wife’s one. The panels where they have the front fog lights are pretty “cool”.
    “Bro! New Yaris for the missus please!”

stumpy01

Clever tech isn’t cool.
    My dishwasher monitors how dirty the water coming out is & adjusts the cleaning time to suit. That’s clever tech, but is in no way cool……

That Prius is a fairly standard looking 7-seater family car. The fact is has an electric motor and some batteries doesn’t make it cool.

The Yaris you edited in, is IMO a bit cooler as it looks sharper & isn’t a ‘family car’. But, it’ll be bought by middle aged dodderers (in the main) and as a result won’t be ‘cool’.
    Plus, it looks like a CAD rendering & won’t look like that on the road (it’s got no side repeaters, ‘sits’ too low into the arches & has teeny door handles).

I didn’t say the S-Max was cool, but I said it comes a lot closer than the Prius. I don’t know why but the design is nicer, it looks more purposeful & it has a bit more presence.

molgrips
    Free Member

The opposite end to the one you see disappearing into the distance as it flashes past you

Er.. how old are you MF?

My dishwasher monitors how dirty the water coming out is & adjusts the cleaning time to suit. That’s clever tech, but is in no way cool…..

I think it is…

The main reason I like the 7 seater is it promises to be a fair old chunk lower emissions than the rest of the market, and the Yaris should be extremely low emissions given its size. Both these things are cool.

Both due out next year apparently. Would be interested in a Yaris as a second car if it’s that good.

iDave
    Free Member

The Toyota pictured is far removed from cool. It appears to be immeasurably dull and uninteresting, quite ordinary to look at and offers nothing of merit to engender a sense of inner smugness in anyone seated within the car.

I’d rather have this…..

midlifecrashes

Well given that the publicity photo for the seven seater Prius shows three year olds as candidates for the back row of seats, it’ll probably be as useless as the current Verso. My ten and eight year old couldn’t fit in, never mind be comfortable, we measured 8cm between the seat squab and the back of the set in front.

retro83
    Free Member

No, this is cool 8)

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The opposite end to the one you see disappearing into the distance as it flashes past you
    Er.. how old are you MF?

Not too old to enjoy having fun in a car thanks.

mikey3
    Free Member

That lambretta vw sidecar is rather fantastic

molgrips
    Free Member

It appears to be immeasurably dull and uninteresting

It appears to be, yes. But it’s not. It’s cool on the inside.

MLC – looks bigger than a Verso to me.

retro83 – yes that is indeed cool.

Not too old to enjoy having fun in a car thanks.

Is that dependent on being faster than other people?

djglover
    Free Member

I can see how someone who spends their weekend soaking some beans for 6 hours and then posting on the internet becasue it hasn’t worked, might find it cool. For all other people who have a life of some sort and perhaps even a bit of style, its just not.

Hang on, I just remembered you are a computer programmer living in germany.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Actually, I always thought an estate prius would be excellent for bikes. I don’t care if you can fit kids in, how many bikes can you get in a seven seater prius? I also think the dish washer mentioned above is cool.

molgrips
    Free Member

I soaked the chickpeas, however I didn’t actually sit and attend them the whole time.

Most weekends I am exploring mountainous foreign countries. I didn’t think that was so desperately uncool?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Is that dependent on being faster than other people?

Absolutely – every time.

molgrips
    Free Member

How very strange. Anyone can be faster than other people if they have money, not sure why beating others is important.

Driving fast is fun for it’s own sake surely?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

But the fast car will make me cool. And fast. It’s a win-win situation.

And you could never pick up a chick in a Prius.

EDIT: Stop editing your posts Molgrips – my response doesn’t make sense now.

EDIT#2: Just stop changing your responses. I HATE how you can edit on this forum now. Be bloody decisive Molgrips, stop fannying around.

molgrips
    Free Member

I have often picked up Mrs Grips in the Prius. So you’re wrong there too 🙂

In that Lambo you could never look anything other than a try-hard, I’m afraid.

iDave
    Free Member

have to agree, lambo = prize ****

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Cool 7 seater you say.?

molgrips
    Free Member

NOW – classic 🙂

MF – you should be more on the ball 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I would quite happy with the great unwashed thinking I was a try-hard or a cock if I could afford to own a Lamborghini. Why would I care what they thought?

philconsequence
    Free Member

unfortunately for you chaps you’ve all disqualified yourselves from ever being included in a “list of cool people” by discussing what would make you “cool”

personally i’m fly like a g6, feeling so fly like a g6.. you’ll never catch me ridin’ dirty.

bol

I want to find it cool. I really do. I just wish they’d made it a bit prettier.

Now I’m a grown up I have managed to distinguish between cars I think look cool, and would be fun to drive, and cars that I would feel happy to own in real life. It doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate both though.

This thread reminds me of the Ti fatbike one in a way. Vive la difference.

Now, next year’s plug-in Prius; that will be cool.

DezB
    Free Member

Whereas a bald, ugly, old geezer with a Lambo can pay for anything 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Whereas a bald, ugly, old geezer with a Lambo can pay for anything
    Absolutely.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘This is cool (car content)’ is closed to new replies.