Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • This hurts…Ow. Bustard wasp/bee
  • Terrydactyl

Got stung in the corner of my mouth on commute ride in this morning. Lip has swollen up to be as big as a pumped up inner tube.
    Didn’t see the varmint, it just flew into me as I was going through a wooded section. Felt it sting me though……………
    Should I take anything?
    (So far I have taken a cup of tea and a bowl of porridge

chvck
    Free Member

I’d have another cup of tea just to be safe

organic355
    Free Member

antihistamine?

Terrydactyl

Antihistamine….good idea. The swelling is getting bigger.

meehaja
    Free Member

I’ve not been stung by a wasp since i was about 5, then last week one got me on the neck… swelled up like a third nipple, still a bit sore now 2 weeks later! Try vinegar?

organic355
    Free Member

I just googled and got:

Bee stings are acidic, so put bicarbonate of soda on them to neutralise the sting.

Wasp stings are alkaline – so you put vinegar on them to neautralise it.

Terrydactyl

I dont know if it was a wasp or bee. I think it was pretty big as I saw it coming in from the corner of my eye and I felt a definate impact. So 50/50 chance on the vinegar/bicarb thing !

chvck
    Free Member

Try one of them, if your face falls off you should have used the other

j_me
    Free Member

My two year old daughter got stung on the corner of her eye by a wasp when we were camping last month. It looked really painful and the swelling was really bad.

We administered chocolate buttons and she was fine in half an hour.

Jerome
    Free Member
    wwaswas

Ha! I was just about to post that link.

Seriously, if you start feeling like your airways are closing or owt then seek medical advice asap.

Terrydactyl

This is scarry. Swelling seems to have stabilized.
    Breathing OK at the moment. Nurse !!!!!

nickc

Weird. I got stung twice on my run last night. running past the graveyard, feels like my running tights are pickling my skin, then owww, bastid, that’s something in there, notice a lump….do I squash it? No, I pull the ankle zip up, and gently shake the thing out, and it stings me again on my calf, just for shits and giggles, like. It was **** huge, wasp/giantbee/insect spawn of the devil…

still feel it now.

Terrydactyl

See, I dont understand why wasps/bees are stil around at this time of year, wev’e had a couple iof frosts.
    Maybe only the big bastids survive..and this thing this morning was BIG!

Glad it didn’t go into my mouth 🙁

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘This hurts…Ow. Bustard wasp/bee’ is closed to new replies.