Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • This Global Warming Caper…
  • Smee
    Free Member

..snow happening round here that's for sure.

First blizzard of 2010 is upon us.

allthepies
    Free Member

It's Climate Change innit

Smee
    Free Member

You mean they've moved the goal posts again?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No – you are either trolling or don't understand

Jamie
    Free Member

Its new years day Goan. Can't you just crawl around with a monster hangover like the rest of us?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Burn the unbeliever!*

*But offset the carbon produced in an ethical fashion.

Smee
    Free Member

TJ – why?

Jamie – no – I feel fine and dandy today. Will go out and push the bike around a bit later.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Goan – you keep starting thread on this one. Its clear that global warming / climate change means more severe weather effects – and there is a difference between weather and climate anyway

Junkyard
    Free Member

well I lost at the sweep stakes then on how long you would last before bringing it up this year….. I had you down for after dinner 🙄
    Can you not troll about something else?
    Perhaps a subject you understand…there must be at least one surely?
    EDIT: TJ dont bite what is the point

CHB

Goan, it's funny (or at least was for a bit) when Clarkson plainly talks crap and denies climate change. Sadly when you do it (again) its less funny. Am sure your a loveley fellah but **** off and troll about something witty and amusing if you (can?) must.

Smee
    Free Member

Whooooossssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Was that the sound of a big wooden spoon or a sharp exit 😉

Smee
    Free Member

Neither – it was the sound of the jets flying over.

jonjones13
    Free Member

warmer = more moisture in the air = greater ability to snow

m_cozzy
    Free Member

Its sunny here, maybe there is some truth in 'global warming' after all?

Hahaha not likely!

aracer
    Free Member

Well I'm just waiting for the AGW fundamentalists to suggest all the snow is evidence of global warming (or making that claim when we have a slightly warmer than normal summer).

PJM1974
    Free Member

Before I begin to deal with man made climate change, the issue of our rapidly diminishing fossil fuels is being compounded by idiotic politicians who are so addicted to green taxes that they're unwilling to legislate appropriately.

Yep, regardless of whether or not man made climate change is happening or not, there is an awful lot of misinformation being bandied about by people who should know better and seem rather too keen to shout "heretic!" at anyone who disagrees with them.

Think cars are evil? Road transport accounts for 11% of man made carbon emissions. A Toyota Prius is responsible for more pollution in it's manufacture and disposal than a conventional fossil fuelled car. A jumbo jet flying to New York burns the same amount of fuel as a two litre hatchback will in 120 years.

We urgently need to curb our consumption of fossil fuels, however we're barking up the wrong trees with wind power (tidal power generation is more efficient and more reliable) and nuclear power won't plug the gap (there isn't nearly enough uranium in the ground to meet the demand). Politicians are flying all over the world preaching about excessive carbon emissions, convinced the answer to the problem is in taxation and nothing else, while at the same time refusing to put adequate money into fusion research.

druidh
    Free Member

I think it's a good thing that we get a regular sceptical thread.

aracer
    Free Member

A jumbo jet flying to New York burns the same amount of fuel as a two litre hatchback will in 120 years.

Or about 3 months use of all the cars the people on the plane own. In which time they'll manage less passenger miles than the jumbo has on that trip.

CountZero

Meanwhile nobody at all mentions the staggering output by cargo ships burning 'bunker oil', some of the filthiest gunk going. Their output exceeds that of every other form of transport throughout the world combined, but nobody does anything about it, preferring to hammer motorists instead.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘This Global Warming Caper…’ is closed to new replies.