Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • This blocking software…
  • donsimon
    Free Member

…That I believe is available and some forum users have to hide other forum users.
    It’s a little bit juvenile, isn’t it?

hilldodger
    Free Member

only when you feel the need to keep telling the blockee they’re blocked 😆

donsimon
    Free Member

Anybody? 😉

toys19
    Free Member

I think if you apologise and tell teej you love him he might unblock you. It’s typical control freak behaviour, he’s only doing it to piss you off. Appears to have worked..
    Anyway its a bit delusional as really he is just shaping the thread to suit his fantasy that the only people responding are his friends and its all a bit of a love in..

rOcKeTdOg

You can block people? Link please I’ve got a list of potential blockees

molgrips
    Free Member

It is juvenile to be honest, esp when you’re just trying to make a proper point.

donsimon
    Free Member

I think if you apologise and tell teej you love him he might unblock you. It’s typical control freak behaviour, he’s only doing it to piss you off. Appears to have worked..

Firstly, apologise? Apologise for what? If TJ has taken offence to something I’ve said or done, then that’s his problem. And this isn’t directed at TJ it’s a general question. And secondly, I’m not pissed off, I find it amusing and a little sad that people don’t have the ability to have a spat then get over it. I don’t really see it as control freakery either, just immature, the nasty man said something nasty to me three years ago…

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve been bloked in the middle of conversations before, where I was trying to be reasonable and have a proper discussion. That pissed me off 🙁

donsimon
    Free Member

Why be pissed off though? I often get more frustrated by what people do say, rather than by what they don’t.

bruneep

Can’t see your comment don as you’re on my blocked list. 😀

scaredypants

molgrips
    Free Member

It pissed me off cos it effectively censored me, and stopped me making my point. This really annoys me.

scaredypants

actually, that’d be a great way of stw “banning” people – still let them post but fix it so nobody sees their text 😆

rOcKeTdOg

rOcKeTdOg – Member

wot he said

donsimon
    Free Member

It pissed me off cos it effectively censored me, and stopped me making my point. This really annoys me.

But that’s the blocker’s problem and not yours, the rest of the world can still see your posts, can’t they?
    I thought about that while I was serving my ban, scaredypants, it could work.

toys19
    Free Member

I think its lame too, I dont have any idea what Teej is peeved with you about, I only became aware of the blocking yesterday. It is weak, but its a free country. I actually think he does read your posts, yesterday he said something that insinuated he had read your post, I was going to pull him up on it but I found the whole suck tj off logo thread less exciting than an evening with Norma Major so I cba.

donsimon
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg, I don’t know what the software is, I’ll ask TJ. 😈
    You could just announce that you’re blocking someone and then ignore them. How will anyone know?

donsimon
    Free Member

I think its lame too, I dont have any idea what Teej is peeved with you about, I only became aware of the blocking yesterday. It is weak, but its a free country. I actually think he does read your posts, yestetday he said something that insinuated he had read your post, I was going to pull him up on it but I found the whole suck tj off logo thread less exciting than an evening with Norma Major

That’s what I thought too and why I thought I’d have a little fun to see how strong his resolve was.

rOcKeTdOg

true, but i’d quite like to not have to even skip over some people’s banal or predictable replies, only trouble is most of the threads would be empty if i just blocked the person on top of my list as he seems to have an opinion (even if it is the same old one everytime) on everything

toys19
    Free Member

Rd you could just ask me not to post on your threads..

molgrips
    Free Member

But that’s the blocker’s problem and not yours, the rest of the world can still see your posts, can’t they?

Yeah but the rest of the world aren’t important in an argument between two people. It’s effective censorship. I have a bit of difficulty getting the point across and then bang – no chance to come back, and the blocker thinks I’m an arse and I can’t explain myself.

santacoops
    Free Member

Evidence of a cliquey forum or justified censorship?

Can of worms opened. 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

Neither. It’s just delusional control freakism.

rOcKeTdOg

toys19 – Member
    Rd you could just ask me not to post on your threads..

i hadn’t realised you did

donsimon
    Free Member

[hijack]rOcKeTdOg, while you’re here, I think you have one of my Flickr accounts in your favourite list, could you give me a link to my account. A change in computers means I can’t find it and the Flickr search is crap. Thanks. [/hijack]

uplink
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member

You haven’t seen me, right?
    Actually, that’s a possible outcome 🙂

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/stw-killfile-plugin

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Who exactly started this thread? 🙂

Even toys19 didn’t make it to my blocked list 😛 – I think it’s pretty childish to be honest.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’ll concede that over time one can change one’s opinion.

deadlydarcy – Member

I’d love if I could do this too.
    Posted 7 months ago # Report-Post

😆

thejesmonddingo

I don’t know whar’s going on on this thread,as I’ve blocked everybody,so no-one disagrees with me now.It’s very peaceful on my version of STW.;-)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think that was a prelude to another spat with my boyfriend Jamie 🙂

But you go ahead and take things out of context if you must. 😛

hilldodger
    Free Member

Ignore global marketing/branding strategy :tick:
    Scroll past a poster they don’t like :uh uuuuuuh: need blocking s/w 🙄

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ok – clearly I was being baited / discussed so unblocked the folk to see.

The reason I have done this is in an attempt to avoid getting into useless debates / getting angry.

The reason I blocked don simon is that he does not bring anything positive to debates as far as I am concerned and makes deliberate attempts to wind folk including me up. therefore not seeing his contributions avoids me getting drawn into debate with him, I think its very amusing and telling that its got under his skin that I don’t see his posts.

Molgrips – its not censorship – its an attempt to protect myself from getting involved in futile rows.

Experience of debating with you has shown me its futile. No blame attached to either of us, it just is. So it saves my blood pressure altho with you I do unblock when the context show that the post might be worth reading.

I find it rather telling that don simon has felt in necessary to start this thread.

wwaswas

I have done this is in an attempt to avoid getting into useless debates / getting angry.

what you need is something that blocks any thread with a title including the word ‘logo’.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Molgrips – its not censorship – its an attempt to protect myself from getting involved in futile rows.

It’s **** **** **** **** **** **** **** wankyism. So there.

phil.w
    Free Member

its not censorship – its an attempt to protect myself from getting involved in futile rows.

You really have that little self control?

clubber
    Free Member

It’s TJ’s attempt to avoid being influenced by the “Don Simon” brand…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The Don Simon Willy Enlargement Machine 😀

I’m hoping to be influenced by it as soon as he gets over here.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Phil -yup. had you not noticed? I see don simon baiting me I find it hard not to respond. even if I do not it gets under my skin. block his posts all is sweetness and light

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

block his posts all is sweetness and light

Nothing is sweetness and light with you TeeJ I’m afraid matey. You destroy multiple threads here week in, week out and get away with it.

philconsequence
    Free Member

You really have that little self control?

+1squillion.

many threads, subjects and posters on here i feel like arguing with… closest i’ve got is half typing a reply then clicking away from the thread.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘This blocking software…’ is closed to new replies.