Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Third Monday in January – Happy or Blue?
  • Sue_W
    Free Member

Apparently the third Monday in January is the most depressing day of the year, so hence today is known as ‘Blue Monday’

Certainly, if you look at the news, it’s the usual round of doom and gloom. But then I look out the window, and its a gorgeous sunny winter’s day, and I think of the fantastic 3 days I’ve just had biking and hiking, and the chap I’ve met who makes my heart sing a little 🙂

It’s been in many ways a tough start to the year with the death of a friend along with family and work stresses. But one thing that my friend’s death has re-inforced for me it to value today. So I’m reversing the concept of ‘Blue Monday’ and declaring it a ‘Happy Day’ instead.

So how about you? Is this third Monday in January Happy or Blue?

CaptJon
    Free Member

I think my nose went blue on my cycle to work today…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGgMZpGYiy8[/video]

Sue_W
    Free Member

CaptJon – my nose, hands and feet went blue yesterday (before they went totally numb!) – but it didn’t stop me smiling 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

I would say that I’m heading out of the city and can see a rainbow in the hills on the horizon metaphorically speaking..
    The rain is easing off.. the sky is starting to clear and I can smell fresh air

tobyToby
    Free Member

Its my birthday, I ate half a colin caterpillar birthday cake last night and today was my first commute in of the year – and it was bloody lovely (if a bit cold).

Whats not to be happy about?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Not at work and the sun is shining, take a guess. 😀

BillMC

Made sure I commuted to work today to get daylight on my head, to see the early morning skies and to catch the improved picture this afternoon on my return. A joy despite the work bit in between.

wrightyson
    Free Member

What should have been a nice steady rip of some existing Tarmac ready to resurface with the rest o the development has turned into a fookin nightmare due to a bodged manhole! Said live manhole is now lidless and has a bit of muck mixed in with poo down it 🙄
    On the plus side it’s a beautiful day again, just above freezing but sun blasting through 8)

BillMC

Deary me, I’ve just looked at the clean lines coming in at Saunton. What I wouldn’t give to be down there right now!

phil.w
    Free Member

Is this third Monday in January Happy or Blue?

I think it’s the biggest marketing con ever pulled. And as such makes me laugh. 🙂 (thankyou Sky Travel)

Pyro

Happy. Awesome weekend of kayaking and house party, the sun is shining and I’m tired and achy for all the right reasons.

emsz
    Free Member

I’ll bring the happy tone done then. Gf called it off at the weekend, all very shity and stressful, was half expecting it but still, spent most of saturday in tears, she’ phoned me this morning saying how she’s wrong and she’s made a terrible mistake, so now I’m all confused and hopeful and stressed again.

Relationships suck, they really **** suck.

She says she’s confused!!

johnners
    Free Member

Apparently the third Monday in January is the most depressing day of the year, so hence today is known as ‘Blue Monday’

Complete and utter twaddle.

Click that link for a rant done properly, with references and everything!

DezB
    Free Member

Not blue here, despite the sky. Just a dull shade of grey.

Sorry you’re having troubles, emsz. Hope things work out.

headfirst
    Free Member

half a colin caterpillar birthday cake

‘The daddy’ of all birthday cakes! It’s done me proud for at least the last three years. My wife asked if I wanted a special birthday cake for my 40th last month, I said you can’t get better than the caterpillar!

Sue_W
    Free Member

tobyToby – Happy Birthday! An especially happy Monday for you (as long as you don’t sick up colin the caterpillar …)

johnners – I did say ‘apparently’! And no ranting on here please 😉

emsz – that’s tough 🙁 Really sorry to hear that things are difficult. If you want to talk off the forum, let me know. But remember that your gf might be confused about any number of things – trying to balance work / study with a relationship; challenges related to sexuality in a predominantly straight world etc, rather than being confused about you. I know it’s probably impossible, but maybe try and just give her some space and take some time for yourself. Take care, and keep posting if you want to let some of the stress or emotion out x

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

can’t complain really!

spent and hour and a half chatting to my colleague/mate on skype about work and life, as he’s based in HK

got an intern arriving in the alps with me tonight – good cos its a new face and shows that business is going well

despite having 40 emails in the inbox this morning, none of them were a nightmare

i might have a work trip to uzbekistan in march to plan, which will be fun

i’m getting paid today

i skied on saturday AND sunday

to sympathise with emsz though, i also have a complicated relationship status at the mo, its a bit confuddling.

binners

Happy Birthday tobyToby! And chin up Emsz and Sue. Suns out! What could possibly be wrong with the world

I had a lovely ride in this morning in’t sunshine. Its put me in a reet good mood! I took the mountain bike instead of the road bike, with my ‘proper’ lights on. So its the longer, muddier route home tonight for me.

So…. Yay for the worst Monday of the year! Can they all be like this please 😀

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyoDbX1EkPQ[/video]

iDave
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qezXWcpKkOY[/video]

Sue_W
    Free Member

Binners – chin is up, life is good 🙂

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Happy Monday for me after a great weekend – for once the weekend seemed to last a good long time rather than go past too quickly. On Saturday spent the day rock climbing and cleaned my first ever Tufa and used my new belay and karabiner that my bf bought for me my birthday last week. Sunday was gorgeous up here, very frosty and cold, had a great mtb ride in the sunshine and went to the pub in the afternoon. Lots of good coffee and cake too. Plus its another gorgeous day here and i always feel better when the sun is out – its so nice for it to be properly daylight for once!

I could do with being a bit warmer though – i’m almost blue from the cold after my commute this morning and struggling to warm up. *shivers*

binners

😀

creamegg
    Free Member

Ive got 4 weeks off from next week so it’s happy days for me and hopefully the weather will stay good for mountain biking, and its payday next week.

racefaceec90

personally i’m pretty happy today (finally have a new guitar/amp 😀 haven’t played it yet today though (will remedy that soon though) i am trying to learn the classic cyndie lauper tune time after time. although to balance things out i haven’t ridden my bike for weeks (as in a proper off road ride 🙁

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Well happy here 8) blue sky day in good old Yarkshire, home of the pie eaters.

16stonepig
    Free Member

I don’t think it’s owt to do with what day it is, but am pretty bloody low today. Things are afoot.

thepurist

16stonepig
    Free Member

Oh, and Emsz – feel free to drop me a line if you want to direct some complaints at anyone. I’m a totally good listener.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Happy here! Sun is shining, not a cloud to be seen!

however have just noticed that my clinic has been cancelled for this Thursday and the Boss has been rostered for an all day meeting… feeling a little nervous… 😕

footstomper
    Free Member

first day back to work after a week in the Sun, you could say I am a bit on the blue side 🙁

Hohum
    Free Member

Blue!

Damn car was shot by an air rifle yesterday whilst visiting relatives down in Kilmarnock.

Scumbags 🙁

wrightyson
    Free Member

^^^wtf^^^

thomthumb
    Free Member

happy. bivi ride friday and 4.5 hrs on the road bike yesterday have left my quads tingling. weirdly this makes me happy. 😀

binners

The Scots arming themselves already? 😉

Sue_W
    Free Member

Virtual hugs to all of you who are having a tough time or feeling down.

Drac

Hmm! Bit of both my younger Bro. is hospital today having chemo for liver cancer but also good as the 2 year old I got the earlier hours this am who was seriously ill was looking much better on our arrival at hospital.

Life’s full of highs and lows it’s just the lows make the news and what people always remember.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

but for the fact that I’m stuck in an office full of dullards, today is great.

legspin
    Free Member

Ty iDave not heard that for years 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Third Monday in January – Happy or Blue?’ is closed to new replies.