Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Things to do in Plymouth
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Along the lines of the national aquarium. Nothing too expensive, probably on a Sunday.

Creg

Aquarium in Plymouth is pricey apparently. I’ve never been but heard it is very good.

Try the Gin Distillery and Barbican areas for restaurants and quirky shops and the Hoe for views/grass/memorial and Smeatons Tower.

jam-bo

half-yard hotdog at captain jaspers.

Dibbs
    Free Member

A visit to Plymouth’s not complete without a visit to the Oggy Oggy Pasty shop. And as for Smeaton’s Tower I can’t imagine being stuck out there on the Eddystone for weeks on end.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

If the weathers not too ropey (which, as I listen to the rain beat down seems unlikey) then a boat tour around Plymouth Sound and the dock yards is a good bit of fun.

Or, Dartmoor is on the door step, great for riding, walking, etc.

Or, ski slope? They also have a toboggan run, I’ve never been on it but sounds alright.

Oh and if you’re down before Christmas they have just put a temporary ice rink into the town centre.

Finally, it’s not cheap but go and spend some money in my buddies surf shop Surfing Life 🙂

Ambrose

Visit the surplus shop in Mutton Cove. buy me one of these bad boys…

http://www.knightsurplus.co.uk/hardware-items-practice-missle.html

Zoolander
    Free Member

Whatever happens you must have a Mackeroll at Cap’n Jaspers after the pub kicks out.
    So wrong – but so very right

julianwilson
    Free Member

You entertaining yourself or oldies? Loads of national trust/heritage/walky stuff open on a sunday nearby, particularly if you have access to a car.

+1 for boat trips from the Barbican. You can just go across the water for a very little coastal walk and a pint in the mountbatten, or kingsand/cawsand for quaint fishing village content, or calstock for great chips and bar on boat. 😀

The aquarium is pretty fantastic if you like nature stuff but a bit expensive and stoopidly busy if it is holidays and raining.

Surfing life has got actual surfers working in it and proper surfboards for sale upstairs, don’t let the ‘lifestyle’/fashion stuff downstairs and kings of leon on stereo put you off 😉

toys19
    Free Member

Best thing to do in plymouth is find the A38 and get on it, using it to transport yourself to somewhere nice.

julianwilson
    Free Member

toys19: 😛

we came 3rd to last in the ‘City IQ’s map’ in the times last saturday. Apparently only saved from rock bottom by our 7 bookshops and 5 independent cinema screens. If we’ve got 7 bookshops (I am sure we aren’t allowed to count The Works!) and 5 indie cimema screens then I’ll eat my hat. You stay in Plymouth cos you can afford to live here and cos of what its next to, not what’s in it.

Like the opposite of Chester, really 😆

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Things to do in Plymouth’ is closed to new replies.