Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Things to do in Cincinnati?!
  • nicko74

Got to fly to Cinci today, for 4 nights, staying downtown. It’s for a course, so I may meet some fellow beer-drinking plebs, but otherwise it’s a case of hiding out in my hotel watching films and suchlike.

So, things to do in Cincinnati in the evenings? Because of the time difference, even lurking on stw isn’t a very good option 🙁

cb

I spent two days there – found very little to do…

Quite a compact little place though so you can have a good walk

JoeG
    Free Member

Ask Cora (NOT Hora FFS!).

brakes
    Free Member

I was there for four days last year being entertained by some Japanese folk so didn’t have a lot of choice as to where we went, but I remember going to McCormick and Schmick’s – a seafood and steak joint – very ‘authentic’ american steak house with a pretty good steak, typically large portion, bit stuffy/ touristy but good grub – they bring a trolley round and you get to pick your meat.

Also went to a Japanese restaurant near the airport which was cracking, properly authentic food (Toyota have a big plant there), very nice Sashimi and killer Sake – no idea what it was called.

brakes
    Free Member

oh and if your morning connection gets cancelled, don’t hang around the airport until the afternoon as there is NOTHING to do there and NOTHING worth eating, especially on a Sunday. The wi-fi works better downstairs near the carousels and there are plugs you can use when your laptop runs out of battery 🙂

nicko74

hmm…. interesting, good to know. Already found a ‘Scottish’ pub near the hotel which was pretty good. Monday Night Football on the TV, fish and chips at the bar – good enough for me!

JoeG
    Free Member

Hit a couple of bike shops or outdoor stores like REI. You might find some things that are cheaper in the US than in the UK. Other things will be more expensive, though.

br
    Free Member

I was working near there, we went to a Baseball game – very boring as they barely manage to hit the ball (unlike on TV etc), but at least it was seat-service for beer/food etc 🙂

StirlingCrispin

Baseball games are brilliant – it’s the bits in-between the game that make it fun.
    Cincinnati is known for its architecture and at this time of year a Christmas fair or market might be worth doing.
    (I lived in NE Ohio for two years used to love wandering into hardware stores and watching the Amish kids play with the animated Xmas decorations)

one_bad_mofo

I head out there every Feb for a motorcycle trade show at the Duke Expo centre and there’s never much to do other than show related social functions.

However, if you’re into design take a look around the Hilton, as it is a fine example of Art Deco. While there you can also go up the Carew tower and take in the views.

If you fancy a cheap lunch be sure to get a Skyline Chili on Vine Street… It’s a local speciality. 😉

For a more upmarket meal in the evening I can recommend Sung Korean Bistro on Elm Street and for a nice selection of beer and burgers go to Rock Bottom Brewery on Fountain Square.

And finally, if you’re a smoker there is a very fine old school tobacconist on Walnut Street.

nicko74

Skyline Chili and the Boathouse have been recommended as food places to go; also found the Silversun Pickups are in town. Between those and the course homework I reckon I’m all set! Thanks for the input

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Things to do in Cincinnati?!’ is closed to new replies.