Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Thetford conditions?
  • Murdoch
    Free Member

Hi

Just wondering on the conditions of Thetford Forest at the moment, are they any better than Epping Forests mudfest, or about the same? I know some bits have all weather surface, but just wondering if its clayey claggish stick on everything mud or loamy fall off and disappear mud?.

Also is there anywhere to hose the bikes down? We would probably park at the main carpark next to where they do the concert.

slowjo
    Free Member

Thetford is fally off mud.

Bike wash… yes at Bike Art.

Conditions – haven't been for a week but it was fine if you keep off the main drag.

cookeaa

95% flat with a High risk of dull….

Luminous
    Free Member

LOL @ Cookeaa.
    It can be if you haven't found the good stuff

Park at BCP, no parking fee
    😉

L.

stumpy01

Yeah – Thetford mud doesn't stick like mad….

Last Thursday it was pretty dry – slightly wet ground, but on the whole not too bad.
    Red route has some diversions in place from near the beginning, I think. There's a sign up saying 'diversion running from High Lodge' when I last went, but trundled back to High Lodge & couldn't find any diversions so rode my own route.
    The start of the black has been obliterated too by felling, but it's still there.

You'd be better off parking at Brandon Country Park rather than paying the extortionate parking at High Lodge and finding your own trails on that side.
    Nowhere to clean the bikes at Brandon though, but I took the Dirtworker last week & didn't need it in the slightest….

letmetalktomark

Was there on Saturday before the weather turned…..again.

Trails were nice, not too wet not too dry.

BTW, just a heads up but Brandon will be charging to park from April onwards 😥

Murdoch
    Free Member

Cheers, although this rain today is sure to make it interesting, looks like we'll be sticking the bikes in the Mighty Micra and heading up there at the weekend. Good chance for Ms Murdoch to try her new pink On One 🙂

stumpy01

Thetford is quite good at avoiding the worst of it (D2D a couple of years ago excepted….)

Have fun!

I'd heard they were gonna start charging at Brandon – I thought they were as soon as they started tarting it up.

Luminous
    Free Member

They're going to start charging at BCP !.

NOT HAPPY 👿

L.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Thetford conditions?’ is closed to new replies.