Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • These electronic book thingies then
  • GrahamS

Yep, same here.

I often print off documents and then have them up on screen so I can search them easily and find the right page in my printed copy!

Paper is just easier to read, which is what e-paper is trying to resolve.

I think paper will still be easier to flick through though, until they sort out the refresh rate of e-paper.

noteeth
    Free Member

No thanks. No substitute for an actual book.

Olly
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member
    Damn you Apple for offering me a huge choice of free or very cheap software!

thanks apple for offering me a huge choice of free or very cheap software that manages to solve problems i never even knew existed.

how on earth would i level a bookshelf, before the app that makes the iphone into a spirit level was released.

wouldnt it be weird if spirit levels actually existed?!
    naaahhh, get out of town!

😉

GrahamS

By the way, if you like your SciFi then have a read of The Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson

It has an nice idea about just how far e-books and electronic learning could go 🙂

GrahamS

Olly: five points for use of a Boxxy 😀

DrJ

I'm a bit mystified by the concept of "trolling".

Person A says something stupid
    Person B says "that's stupid"
    Person A responds "hahahaha it was a troll and you fell for it"

Err … right … and that is clever because ??

aracer
    Free Member
    Flaperon

Oooooh….

GrahamS
    CountZero

I've got Diamond Age, also Snow Crash. Both as proper books, but I also have Snow Crash on my phone, bought through Stanza. Tried to buy Diamond Age from the exact same supplier, only to be informed that my credit card is invalid, as it's not in the US! WTF! That is the problem with ebooks, stupid restrictions on geographic regions. Yes, I know all about copyright, but how come I can buy the exact same book, or any other published in the US via Amazon or B&N, with no restrictions. I bought Kate Griffin's book, A Madness Of Angels, from the US, because they had a hardcover, whereas the UK only a papercover. Again, no restriction. I can't buy any of Kathy Reichs' Temperance Brennan books as ebooks, but I can get any of the hardbacks from the States. This sort of stupidity used to inflict music sales, with iTunes still affected by regional versions. It's a restriction on trade, and should be stopped. The Kindle is available in the UK, but purchases from the US store, and the iPhone Kindle app won't work here. Bloody stupid.

GrahamS

More on the Barnes & Noble Nook, including a video:
    http://gizmodo.com/5386140/barnes–noble-nook-up-close-yep-its-real-nice

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘These electronic book thingies then’ is closed to new replies.