Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • There are some right evil sh!ts about!
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No he’s got a very filthy vest. No sense of personal hygiene. 🙁

What we really need, is more Wincey Willis…

DUCK!!!

PJay
    Free Member

It’s not just a simple matter of irresponsible feckless youths ‘having a laugh’.

But sometimes it is. As with many things it’s wrong to generalise and I wouldn’t want to guess at percentages but I do think that there are a lot of folk do do it just for fun/kicks and need to be held to account. Certainly people who have been badly abused can respond in this way and they certainly do need help and support (and probably won’t get it) but equally we also need to be careful not to generalise again and assume that anyone who’s been abused is sadistic, cruel and dangerous as a result. I spent a year as part of a psychotherapy group (for my own mental health issues) and met some people who’d been horrifically abused (and I mean horrifically), they were profoundly traumatised and damaged but also some of the kindest, most supportive people I’ve met. As with many things I guess we need to look at each case individually.

Woody
    Free Member

Have any of you ever met/encountered anyone who carries out such acts? Do you have any understanding of what drives them to do what they do? I actually have

Well bully for you Elf. You really are quite an insufferable know-all.

FYI, I meet people as you describe on a reasonably regular basis. To justify what some of them have done, and attempt to excuse their behaviour as an act borne out of wrongdoing they have themselves suffered, is fine, if that makes you feel better. It also neatly sidesteps (for the purposes of your argument) that not all of these people have had to endure situations which have ’caused’ them to act in this way.

I am firmly of the belief that society as a whole would be much better off without the perpetrators of the worst acts.

That is nothing to do with being a keyboard warrior BTW – merely my opinion.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You really are quite an insufferable know-all.

Thanks. Infuriating, is not it? 🙂

Woody
    Free Member

I’d prefer to you the term pathetic but if if makes you feel big and clever in the small world of STW………………. 🙄

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Quite frankly Woodster; I find somone belching about wanting to take a golf club to someone else pretty pathetic too, but hey, if it makes you feel better to spout such rubbish, good luck to you eh? 😉

RustySpanner

I like cats, so wouldn’t harm one deliberately, but I’m happy to swat flies, or shoot rats if necessary.

The sight of cute, boingy spring lambs makes me feel both happy AND hungry.

Odd thing, human nature, amazing what we can justify to ourselves.

juiced
    Free Member

round our way a swan family made a nest on the towpath. Signs were placed on the towpath and a diversion was made. It sickened me later when i found out that the cygnet had been shot with an airifle and the swan ingured so badly it had to have a wing removed. Sick. Some people are so sick.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘There are some right evil sh!ts about!’ is closed to new replies.