Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Them Crooked Vultures – on J. Ross
  • Nickquinn293
    Free Member

Anyone see them?

Sounded good!

Was it just me or did Josh Homme look a bit "portly"? (Not a complaint – just an observation)

petefromearth

didn't see the show but i might look for it on iplayer now!

the album is well worth a listen. a few of the songs are instant classics, really infectious riffs. it sounds a lot like other QOTSA stuff but with a definate zep boost

some of the other tracks take a bit of listening to as they're a bit self-indulgent – initially i just skipped past them each time but they're growing on me

petefromearth
    Davy
    Free Member

I've gotta be honest, it sounded like it was a reasonable track played badly, or at least put through a bad mix.

billybob
    Free Member

I'm seeing them in Plymouth on Thursday so will report back, am quite excited.

I've seen QOTSA before, but never quite realised how large Josh Homme is, he looked like he was holding a Guitar Hero guitar.

vinnyeh

Didn't catch this, must hunt it down on iplayer, but a very good album

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

ta for the youtube link petefromearth

BTW J Ross gets paid how much – about 16mill a year? How much of a **** did he look faffing with Josh's surname pronunciation – Twice!

Twunt

edhornby

spoilt a little by really crap mix, couldn't hear anything properly…

Northwind

Sounded like 4 talented musicians playing a completely unmemorable, uninspired tune to me. We walked out of them at Reading, it was great, all the chat in the campsite was "We heard them from over the wall" "We saw it from right up the back". "Really? We were right in the front but it was incredibly dull so we went and got smoothies instead. They were really tasty"

Still not as bad as Probot though.

MrNutt
    Free Member

sound was so compressed it was like listening to radio 1 in a drainpipe! New Fang is a good song though!

rOcKeTdOg

Josh needs the extra weight to keep Brodie happy

BoardinBob

Dissapointed in the album. Very bland and low key. 🙁

glynP
    Free Member

one of the best things I've heard in years, thank god someones brought out a decent album, there's so much shite about these days, Dave groll is the Steve Peat of the music industry

kimbers

dissapointed with the album myself

overproduced imho

nickc

Album sounds as you'd expect it to really Bit of QOTSA and Foo Fighters and Zep all mixed up.

Thought they may be a bit different, but it would still seem that the well worn cliche that all super-groups are inherently "a bit shit" still applies.

Hey ho

BoardinBob

The album lacks the off the wall quirkiness of QOTSA and the tuneful catchiness of the Foo Fighters.

They played it far too safe and went for dad rock 😥

rOcKeTdOg

Dave groll is the Steve Peat of the music industry

they have the same dentist

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

You'd probably not like Kyuss then.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

its got to be said, Homme is one smooth b*stard.

langy
    Free Member

no doubting they have done good things individually, but not really feeling this group. Maybe it will grow on me, but I don't think so.

BoardinBob

You'd probably not like Kyuss then.

Them Crooked Vultures aren't worth the steam off Kyuss' pish

BoardinBob

Just watching the Jonathon Ross interview. Never mind Josh Homme, Dave Grohl looks like he's been dodging the salad.

Oh aye, Jonathon Ross is a complete tool.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

They are all getting on. With Grohl doing this and the Foos on a hiatus im looking forward to Nate Mendel and SDRE getting an album out in the not too distant. Now there was a group!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Them Crooked Vultures – on J. Ross’ is closed to new replies.