Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • The worst live music performance ever?
  • Hairychested
    Free Member
    scaredypants

Bob, are you back on the meth ??

HAiry – is yo' ass bigger than it once was ? (err this one belongs elsewhere 😳 ) re-edit, WTF happened to a post about saddles not fitting? Now, where's my crack-pipe…

clubber
    Free Member

St Ettienne. Love their albums but just rubbish live. Zero atmosphere.

gibby

Murderdolls words can't describe how sh!t they were

grumm
    Free Member

I've got some footage somewhere from a music festival in Romania that I was DJing at – one of the bands on after us was probably the worst thing I've ever seen live. Will try and dig it out.

Xan
    Free Member

99.99999% of performances from xFactor could be on this post!!!!

muggomagic

shit

this is absolute crap. i think this is probably why cobain shot himself.

BoardinBob

this is absolute crap. i think this is probably why cobain shot himself.

Christ 🙁

devs
    Free Member

Pete Doherty's Babyshambles at T in the Park 2-3 years ago. Complete w'nk. Overhyped druggie waste of space. Had to leave after the 3rd song I couldn't bear it anymore. Shame cos I actually liked one or two of his songs.

plumber
    Free Member

why cobain shot himself.

I don't care why I'm just glad he did

shoefiti
    Free Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBRNexKb-Cg%5Dnull

Dear lord, if you can sit through this your either deaf or a bigger Stone Roses fan than i ever was, and i was actually there watching this Shyt, I remember the dissapointment to this day. Music….. Great! Ian Brown…….. Squirrel yak.

Hairychested
    Free Member
    Michael-B
    Free Member

Amy Winehouse – Nelson Mandela concert
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkTNdLH_e4w

twohats
    Free Member

The final count down!!!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Kings Of Leon , Reading 2009

Not sure why but the whole evening had been on a slide downhill towards boredom, Placebo – great, Kaiser Chiefs – we've sung allong to the same songs for 4 years, can we have something new please?, KoL – even they looked bored!

I'm going to guess that Leeds was better as KC's were effectively the homecoming band.

grumm
    Free Member

Haha that final countdown one is pretty good (bad).

This one of Van Halen with horribly out of tune guitar and keyboard is pretty terrible. Don't understand how come they played through the whole song out of tune – surely as pro musicians they could easily have shifted a semi-tone or whatever?

Mister-P
    Free Member

The Farm supporting Happy Mondays at Brixton about 5 years ago. Total shambles.

Olly
    Free Member

robbie williams last night on gash-factor (housemate was watching it, i was on here on the laptop)

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Stone Roses, Tent on the Green sometime back in the day. Absolutely dire. To this day I still don't understand all the hype that still follwows them.

Other notable one was Sheena Easton at the free Gig on the Green, 'Hi Glasgow it's so great to be back home' (in a mid-atlantic accent) with 2000 drink Glaswegians replying 'F##k off ya daft cow' Terrible 45 mins for everybody.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

oh and Bob Dylan at the SECC. Terrible place for a gig in the 1st place, but Dylan was uninterested.

BlingBling
    Free Member

The Stone Roses, every single time they played live.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

the strokes at doncaster dome – about 5 years ago. shite.

Irish_AL
    Free Member

david bowie glass spider tour dear god that was bad 🙁

Junkyard
    Free Member

Stone roses live anywhere and I assume Ian Brown still

Primal Scream Leeds – guitarist so drunk he could not keep time ( never mind play the correct tune or even the same key) even with the drummer starting every song with just the bass drum whilst waving his stick at him … they unplugged him he was so bad

The smiths.. it was the Smiths FFS and I did not even get laid for listening to and paying for that sh1t.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Wembley Arena.
    Just awful.

I hate the acoustics so much I walked out in disgust last I was there (Faithless).

BoardinBob

Crap performance I've actually seen

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – I'd happily be beaten to death by Hells Angels instead of having to endure them again

Clapton – No charisma, no chat, the exact same solo in every song (that bore no relation to what he originally recorded)

slimtubing
    Free Member

The Mission- reading 89 walkd away after 3 songs cos I couldn;t take any more of wayne hussey's droning
    The Lemonheads in Hobart tasmania in 93 so looking forward to it but Evan on the smak so he put no effort in ,just played his tunes and walked off. gutted.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

LOL clapton was boring live closely matched by van morrison

DaveGr
    Free Member

John Martyn a few years ago doing Solid Air as an anniversary tour or something like that. Absolute pants. So bad you actually felt sorry for him.

Or Motorhead 2 or 3 years ago. Just a loud, distorted pile of rubbish where you couldn't even tell what the songs were supposed to be. Would be outplayed by a half decent college band. Saw them on the Ace of Spades tour so I know how good they were.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I once walked out of an Anathema gig, bloody awful it was (and she was hot and needed walking home, ehem).

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

When I was 14 I went to see The Cure. It was the first concert I went to (not including the festivals i went to with me mam and dad). It was 1984. George Orwell never warned me about *that*. Utter shite. The support band were (I think) called And Also The Trees. Possibly because the human race and also the trees agreed on how shite they were. Impossibly bland.

On the upside the next gig I went to was The Cramps and it was **** awesome. Can't say I've been to a bad one since but then I do cherry pick 'em.

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

won tickets to see the streets At manchesters acadamy,the most painfull hour and a half ive ever had to injure.utter shite from start to finish.

one of the best gigs i went to was public enemy at the town and country club in camden town laaandon. walked up to the door to be greeted by the 5 biggest black doorman youve ever seen in your life.for them all to turn round at once as we openend the door.and the first thing one of them said was youve got to be kidding homez,as they all burst out laughing,quick conversation as to where we were from "manchester"said i cool said the 5 doorman as he opened the main door to the venue we were the only 3 white people out of about600, at no point on the drive down did we ever think about the fact this may not be the gig for us,2 or 3 very quick conversations with the doorman by a few people as to who the F))K we were.every body has a good laugh. we have a banging nite job done.must admit for some reason the first 30 seconds were a bit squeaky bum time if you no what i meen.

devs
    Free Member

Saw the Cure last year. Surprisingly good. I didn't really like their stuff at the time they were popular. Saw the Cult last wed. They were absolutely fandabbydozy!

vondally
    Free Member

Nico, from velvet underground, solo……….mid 1980's
    van morrision on an off day after seeing him the year before when he was brill
    robbie williams….god knows why…….early doors when he was going solo

joemarshall
    Free Member

Bob Dylan at Glastonbury in 1998.

Brian Wilson in 2003, one of his first ever live gigs since the comeback. It was pretty obvious why he hadn't played many gigs for years, looked a complete wreck. To add insult to injury, the poor guy was onlny playing 1 song, which was a cover of an Elton John song (Rocket Man I think).

Joe

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘The worst live music performance ever?’ is closed to new replies.