Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The Walking Dead Season 2
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Anyone else looking forward to this? The scene in the trailer where they are hiding under cars made me shiver a bit.

hels
    Free Member

Yay – this was great series – when does it start on Council tele ??

kudos100
    Free Member

Can’t wait, the first series was brilliant. I watched the whole thing one evening and it was one of the best tv shows I have ever seen.

weirdnumber
    Free Member

Im a fan of the graphic novel series and I enjoyed the first series of The Walking Dead and didnt mind that it strayed from the graphic novel (tv shows have to really).
    As for the second series, Im looking forward to it but also a bit aprehensive since pretty much all the writers from the first series including Frank Darabont (who writes the graphic novels) were fired by AMC.
    Fingers crossed it will still be good though.

bigbloke
    Free Member

whens it back on then?

Milkie
    Free Member

Can’t wait for the 16th/17th October! US showtime btw.

_tom_
    Free Member

I liked season 1 but I thought it got a bit worse each episode. The first two eps I thought were great but it got boring after that. Trailers are making S2 look good and exciting though but that’s sort of the point I guess 😛

Mounty_73

Series 2, 21st Oct on FX, I think ?

flyingmonkeycorps

Er, Frank Darabont doesn’t write the comics, that’s Robert Kirkman. Frank Darabont wrote the script for The Shawshank Redemption, amongst other things. He didn’t write all of the first season, I think he was involved in four episodes. He also directed one. I believe he’s still involved with the writing in the second, but he’s being less involved with the production.

Kirkman is still an executive producer.

weirdnumber
    Free Member

Yeah sorry flyingmonkeycorps you are right, I got my names mixed up. Shouldn’t post before I have finished breakfast.
    I thought both Kirkman and Darabont had left the show? I haven’t checked news on the show in a good few months, I guess I should have a quick double check.

flyingmonkeycorps

As far as I know they’re both still involved – I’m pretty sure Kirkman is still executive producing, but reports on Darabont vary.

If Kirkman leaves I think I’ll lose interest!

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Couldn’t believe the first series was so short. Still pretty good though.

Harry_the_Spider

Friday October 21st. 10:00 pm.

MrNutt
    Free Member

have you seen “dead set” by charlie brooker?

Harry_the_Spider

yes thanks

flyingmonkeycorps

Yup. It was quite good.

t-obias
    Free Member

Can’t wait!

Apparently the family living in the farm house (from the graphic novels) are in the second season. Should make good viewing 🙂

hels
    Free Member

Bugger we are digital only in my town and they only broadcast the mainstream channels even from the free to air ones, don’t get FX (or ITV4, FiveUS). And I’m too mean to pay for Sky, most of it if trash and football. Guess I’ll have to wait, or watch it on computer.

Cougar

Cheers for the reminder. Proper looking forward to this one.

brakes
    Free Member

so any idea when this will be on C5 then?

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Looking forward to series 2. Horror films are not really my bag but I enjoyed the first series.

disco_stu
    Free Member

To get you in the mood there’s some Walking Dead Webispodes coming later today up on the FX website

They are on Youtube as well as they are already out in the US but the quality is a bit ropey

spacemonkey

Nope.

Series One was ****’ dull.

organic355
    Free Member

watching episode 1 now……. the car bit

chunkypaul
    Free Member

Was that a Philips or flat blade screwdriver? 😉

IvanDobski
    Free Member

They’re all just so bloody stupid, it’s like they’ve never seen zombies on’t telly before.

“If I start screaming, and run into they crowd of zombies with no guns or other weapons, what’s the worst that could happen…?”

willard

Saw it the other night. Not a bad start, but the whole thing with the police chap’s mate and his wife was always going to be a problem.

And what the hell is with their shit choice of vehicles??? Discussion at work hinges around finding something large and strong, then welding stuff to it to make it zombie-prof, then going for a nice drive through the zombie hordes. Maybe a nice luxury coach would do that job. With a snowplough on the front.

CaptJon
    Free Member

re. vechicles – from my experience (of watching various zombie films) it seems that cars/vans/school buses/tankers etc are all liabilities. There is a constant danger of losing momentum and becoming trapped, especial in tight urban environments. The best option is obvious flying, but not many people can fly planes/helicopters. I reckon i’d head to water and find a boat. Canals would be dangerous with their hard tow paths (allowing zombies an easy way to not only continue their pursuit of you, but also offer a platform for the more athletic living dead who can jump a bit) and relatively narrow width, but get on a big river, around harbours and on the coastline you’d be laughing. Plus you’d not have to worry about running out of fuel with sails as backup.

sunnrider
    Free Member

Get em all on mountain bikes.
    What tires would give the best grip for escaping the living dead, I reckon maxxis minions?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘The Walking Dead Season 2’ is closed to new replies.