Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The rules – valve/logo content
  • dan1980
    Free Member

Whilst sat on the train today for 5 hours making sure no-one stole my bike, and fending off train nutters, I became preoccupied with an issue with my bike, namely I wondered if I’ve adhered to “The rules” with the tyre logo & valve positioning.

Obviously I’ll die if the logo and valve aren’t correctly aligned, but, and it’s a big but….

Do you align the tyre manufactures logo (e.g. Maxxis) to the valve, or the tyre name (e.g. High roller)?

iDave
    Free Member

whichever is brightest/biggest/clearest so i can find the valves more easily.

sc-xc

Neither. I put the tyres on and watch Big Brother.

sc-xc

^iDave…how big are your wheels that you can’t immediately see a valve sticking through the rim?

uplink
    Free Member

whichever is brightest/biggest/clearest so i can find the valves more easily.

Should’ve gone to Specsavers 🙂

Can’t say I’ve ever struggled to find the valve

oldgit
    Free Member

Nope really really not bothered by it, I used to when I rode an MTB
    I find road ones get covered in liquid rim and brake dust and dissapear anyway.

iDave
    Free Member

sc-xc, presta valve among spokes not always obvious when standing over a bike, or something etc

monogramman
    Free Member

Maxxis don’t print the name on both sides of the tire, which irks me a bit

deviant
    Free Member

I have the tyre decals opposite to the wheel decals….i’m big on symmetry and balance….my other half calls it OCD.

andrewh
    Free Member

I line valve up with tyre manufacurer’s name.
    None of my wheels have stickers on them

CountZero

And there was me thinking you had to align the rim logo and tyre logo. Damn, got it wrong again.

donsimon
    Free Member

No-one has given a reason as to why one should partake in such strange behaviour. Me? I use fingers.

Cougar

Lesson for life, that.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Go with the central area between Maxxis and High Roller. If you’re going to be pedantic about alignment it has to be symmetrical 😉

Harry_the_Spider

No-one has given a reason as to why one should partake in such strange behaviour.

Here you go.

Thorn puncture. Find hole in tube. Hold tube against tire (valve to centre of logo). Find thorn still stuck in the tire.*

Also, it looks “right”.

*Obviously this only really works if you take your tire off or if it moves whilst changing your tube because the position of the hole in the rim can be assumed to be a “fixed constant” as they say on physics.

It still looks “right” though. This is more important.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘The rules – valve/logo content’ is closed to new replies.