Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The Ride Journal merino jerseys
  • phillyd
    Free Member

Some of you know know of The Ride Journal, some of you may not.
    For those that dont please go to http://www.theridejournal.com
    For those that do… Heres the latest news on the merino wool jerseys that we've been planning.

We've recently received a final sample from Woolistic, the company that are going to make the Merino jerseys for us. The Italian made 3 pocket jerseys look and feel great.

If you look here you'll be able to see a few photos of the jersey. http://www.flickr.com/photos/philipdiprose/sets/72157623347747507/

All of the detail work is embroidered and looks really really good in the flesh.

As for ordering, we're doing this for love not for profit so although not cheap we'd like to think we're offering good value compared to the usual costs of Merino cycling jerseys. Each one will be £75 plus postage (which we’re currently finalising). If at the end of things we've made any money from these we'll donate that to charity, same as we do with the journal itself.

As for sizing: Im modelling the jersey in the photos. Its a size large. Im 6'2 and have a 39/40" chest. So if you like your jerseys with a little room without being baggy then Id go with their sizing. http://www.vintagevelos.com/sizes1.html

So what next? We cant order until we know what sizes people are after. For this reason it would be great if you could let me know if you'd like one and what size you'd like. If you can do this before the end of February we can put an order in for everyone who wants one. We will send you confirmation and ask for you to pay via paypal. Im guessing that it will be sometime in May before they come back to us, maybe it might be warm enough to wear by then. If the timescale changes we'll keep you informed.

So what are you waiting for? check the photos, decide on a size and ask yourself if you can live without one of these jerseys in your life.

all email orders and questions should be sent to theridejournal@hotmail.com as I dont get on here as often as Id like.

Cheers
    Philip

ton

what about men's sizes?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Whens the next issue coming??

phillyd
    Free Member

Hello Teetosugars,
    issue 4 is coming along nicely.

Its looking like late Spring (keeping it vague).

All I can say is that its going to be even BIGGER than previous issues.

and it looks freakin great. (or so we think)

ourmaninthenorth

I really must get around to making a submission to the Journal. I threaten it every time I get a new issue.

As for the jersey *sigh* It's a lot of money to spend on something I could never wear riding…. 🙄

postierich
    Free Member

Hope it gets off the ground a lot better than the STW wool jersey!

I take it your a roadie 😉

phillyd
    Free Member

Hello Postierich

Im only a small bit Roadie, The rest is mountian bike and CX and commute as well.

tang
    Free Member

could you do a reprint of issue 1? gave mine away and somewhat regretting it now! ive got the pdf version, but nice print is much nicer.

hoochylala
    Free Member

Any chance you could make that a reprint of issue 1 & 2? 🙂 I got given issue 3 as an xmas present, really enjoyed it, but now gutted I can't get the previous issues! Have read issue 1 as a PDF though, which was excellent also.

Hairychested
    Free Member

So you want us to pay 75 quid now and wait till the Summer to get them? Better than On-One of old 🙂

postierich
    Free Member

Are these Jerseys for sale?

I will take a large!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘The Ride Journal merino jerseys’ is closed to new replies.