Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The Quantocks – worth a trip?
  • shakeythejakey
    Free Member

Hey guys,

I've got the chance to take the 2 odd hour trip to the Quantocks soon but after looking around on tinternet i'm not sure whether its the best location for me…i like quick singletrack, jumps and downhill stuff…it looks like there's plenty of singltrack but are they're any jumps or knarly downhill stuff? Cheers in advance,

Shakey

jam-bo

triscombe is one of the best DH spots in the southwest….

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/93692/

some of what there is there…

shakeythejakey
    Free Member

hey jam bo, thanks for the info…looks like it might be worth a trip then! 🙂

kukuruza
    Free Member

Accept travel and go!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

If you are coming from the North,and you want jumps and downhill runs there are loads in the Forest of Dean.The D/hill runs are limited in the Quantocks.Dont get me wrong great area.Just more downhill stuff in FOD.

jam-bo

your not looking in the right places….

saladdodger
    Free Member

Sorry jim the Q's are shat 😉 overhyped and pants

carlphillips
    Free Member

i heard it was a bit like dartmoor, pretty flat with nowt doin.

i wouldnt go if i were you

chipps

There are plenty of lumps and jumps there if you're prepared to earn them by riding up from the bottom of the hill. Repeatedly… 🙂

shakeythejakey
    Free Member

well a mixed bag then! 😕

thanks for the replies, i'll look into the FOD and give the quantocks some serious thought…

bobsoff2
    Free Member

Yeah, 2nd that, the Tox are CRAP… 😛

johnners
    Free Member

Endless climbs, rubbish downhills.

Pretty much sums up the Quantocks – hugely over-hyped on here, not really worth the trip from Taunton let alone anywhere further afield.

ajantom

I don't know, having recently discovered the Q's I really like them.

As an only riding place they might get a bit boring after a while, but they make for a nice day out.

Also disagree on the downhills being crap, I discovered some nice ones there t'other day, and some of us actually like climbs 😯 I know, weird isn't it!

Dibbs
    Free Member

As an only riding place they might get a bit boring after a while,

You only had the brief tour, I could probably show you at least another 10 or so descents 😉

pcb
    Free Member

Q's boring????

I don't think so!

sharki
    Free Member

Warra load of rubbish, the Q's are very much over hyped, i can't work out why they're becoming one of the most popular places to visit in the country for natural riding.

jam-bo

rambling is the new riding eh. should have got you some red socks and a stick for your birthday….

ajantom

As an only riding place they might get a bit boring after a while

You only had the brief tour, I could probably show you at least another 10 or so descents

Sorry, that probably sounded a bit arsey 😳 wasn't meant to be! I really enjoyed the ride, and have already been for a couple more rides on the Q's.

All I meant was that I like a variety of places to ride, different terrains, challenges, etc. So for me personally I enjoy going to different places as much as possible.

I think that the Q's are a great place to ride, and frankly anyone who rubbishes anywhere that's this good to ride needs to look at why they're riding in the first place.

Tx

jam-bo

if you look closely, most of those that are rubbishing the quantocks are very local.

the others are just stupid…

snaps
    Free Member

I tend to go through phases with the Quantocks – one minute I can't get enough of them, then I go riding elsewhere & before I know it, it's been 6 months since I've ridden there!

dartmoor_rocks
    Free Member

q's are great for single track riding, I like scenary as well hence my nickname

SOAP
    Free Member

if anyone wants a KMl file of where to ride put an email up and i will send!

knottie8
    Free Member

I ride the Qs once a week even if i dont want to ! (joke by a very local)

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘The Quantocks – worth a trip?’ is closed to new replies.