Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • The Puffer.
  • Smee
    Free Member

Great course this year, not too muddy. Some cracking performances from some seriously fit and talented individuals.

And they seem to have changed the mud type as i didn’t have to change pads once – superstar and avid sintered – neither had any wear evident.

Innes
    Free Member

Nice bit of mud at the end though.

Smee
    Free Member

The deep puddles was the best line through that lot.

Innes
    Free Member

I with you there, that was the only way to get through in one go.

How did you get on? Were you in a four? We were in a team of four "Scrambled Legs" 24 laps 23:28:46.

Innes

Smee
    Free Member

Mixed 4 – You may touch him – 25 laps in 24:01:23.

Innes
    Free Member

We were going to doing 25, but on the last lap the riders gears packed in at the Loch. You did well to get 25 laps in just over the 24 hours.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Didn’t really enjoy the course to be honest- it was OK, and the last descent was brilliant, but there was an unreasonable balance of climbing to DH and th last long climb was horrible! But the atmosphere was great, everyone was friendly and supportive and organisation fantastic. The snow was a laugh too!

3rd in the mixed 4 for us, which we’re very happy with considering none of us had trained at all.

geoffj

Looks stunning.

Not my picture. Click on it for credits.

kennyp
    Free Member

First ever 24 hour I’ve done and I thought it was fantastic. Great atmosphere, and riding through the beautiful snow (and the mud) at 06.30 this morning while both totally shattered and totally hyped was superb.

I thought the course was very good. A few technical sections to keep the interest, but mostly fast and flowing; a good one for XC whippets (not me I should add).

Lots of fun, and a huge thank you to our support crew, who turned a good weekend into a great weekend.

Innes
    Free Member

Will you do it again Kenny?

rickmeister

4:30 am today and still smiling….

kennyp
    Free Member

Yes, would definitely do it again. Wouldn’t mind a crack at one of the "soft southern puffs" summer ones too! Mayhem or Sleepless maybe.

Innes
    Free Member

Just waiting for the last load of washing to finish, the tent is set up in the living room suspended off the ground on furniture to let the air get around the underneath, and I am really needing my bed.

Innes

kennyp
    Free Member

Yup, off to bed myself now. Had a hot bath, a couple of glasses of wine, bored MrsKenny with all the stories and am now zonked!!

miketually
    Free Member

Great photo of drj0n on his niche bike.

rickmeister

"Ming" the Merciless has it would appear, suffered a bowel movement in our van.. its absolutely humming this morning. Still a lot of wet kit in there. Slowly clearing it up early this week….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Well done to all the riders. I was there supporting and everyone who went out in the small hours of the morning was a hero – driving sleet and snow. Brrr.

Fun in a sort of mad way

Smee
    Free Member

I’m still trying to figure out if the course was shorter than previously…

shaggy

Hell of a way to spend the weekend eh!?

brant
    Free Member

Well done Shaggy.

Smee
    Free Member

Shaggy – are you human?

miketually
    Free Member

Shaggy – are you human?

I’m not sure that he is.

shaggy

Shaggy – are you human?

🙂

that was actually fun! I actually liked the bad weather even if it has pretty much trashed my week old 69er! It was good to win though- that race has broken me twice in the past.

miketually
    Free Member

How long is a lap?

Smee
    Free Member

I think the course is 6 miles or so with 1000ft of climbing.

shaggy

I was told 6.7 miles

Smee
    Free Member

I’ll go with that one.

terrahawk
    Free Member

should give you a lot of confidence for Alaska eh?

miketually
    Free Member

180 miles in just under 25 hours. Nice!

should give you a lot of confidence for Alaska eh?

Alaska might be a tad cooler. My Canadian cousin was reporting -40 last week!

Innes
    Free Member

Shaggy that is amazing, I was happy competing in a four and getting my six laps done.

Innes

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Just got home and am currently sorting and tagging 1700 pics, and tagging with rider numbers, though many numbers are hard to spot as they are: small, wrapped around top tube, obscured by snow/mud or not lit by off-camera flash – so I’m afraid if you are looking for your pic you may have to do some browsing – some great (IMHO) pics though. Should be online by late tonight if I can stay awake.

Innes
    Free Member

Some good pictures online so far on a couple of sites:

Northsport

Highland Life

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘The Puffer.’ is closed to new replies.