Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The Open
  • Houns

Right that’s me settled down for the next 4 days – About time there was a exciting sport on TV to watch this time of year whilst there is a break in the (England) Cricket

So who do you fancy to win? As much as I’d like to see a Brit winning it I feel some rank outsider will sneak it

scaredypants

saint rory by 12 shots 🙄

Houns

If the press have anything to do with it he’s already won it by that many

Drac

Golf exciting, no not really it’s dull as shit to watch like many sports. I use to play Golf and it was Ok but mainly for the banter.

anokdale
    Free Member

Would like to see any of the Brits win it but as an outsider, Martin Kymer for me.

Started playing golf about a year ago and i am enjoying it but cannot sit down and watch it on tv unlike a test match, whats it like to go and spectate at a real tournament, worth the trip.

neallyman
    Free Member

Martin Kymer… current Major (PGA) Champion and former Euorpean leading money winner. Good shout as an ‘outsider’ 😀
    Although his form’s been pi$$ poor this season so you can be forgiven!

Predicting a winner in golf has to be the hardest of any sport, even more so The Open with so many variables. He’s not my favourite golfer out there but Westwood’s time might just come around this weekend?

iDave
    Free Member

I’d love Clarke to win but he won’t.

Hope McIlroy buries everyone.

NZCol

Just settledmin with a bottle of good Pinot for a couple of hours of Open and then will break out the hard liquor for the live tour stage? All Fri AM meetings moved as I am “busy”

Stuey01
    Free Member

I’m going on Sunday for the final round – yay! 😀

I’d be amazed if Kaymer is anywhere near, based on his form this year.

Would love to see a McIlroy win it, he’s a star, but I can’t see it. If the wind blows he’ll struggle.
    From the brits Donald and Westwood can obviously be expected to be up there. I think Donald has a better shout than Westwood because of the quality of his short game and accuracy of his irons, on a links course accuracy will be key.

I think Steve Stricker has to be worth a look, quality player, in form and he’s a great putter.

Houns

See the joint leader Tom Lewis? My cousin has played with him a few times and has attended England training camps with him

Bear
    Free Member

Thinking of strolling along tomorrow, looks the best for the weather.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Colin Montgomerie…

Jamie
    Free Member

*awaits retaliatory golf spoilers from disgruntled TDF fans*

iDave
    Free Member

I’d love Clarke to win but he won’t which of course is possible given the way he’s playing.

I’ve no interest in playing golf but love watching it.

Houns

Great performance by Clarke, so emotional, so chuffed for him!

iDave
    Free Member

Really chuffed for the big lad – he was in the year below me at school and my brother played a big part in his early career. Super nice guy and hopefully he’ll go on to even better things.

Hadge
    Free Member

Darren Clarke really really deserved the win for how he’s played over the 4 days. He’s also been through a hell of a lot the last few years and his emotions came out in the famous Ryder Cup win a few years back. I couldn’t have picked a more throughly deserved person who could have won and I’m so pleased he did it. Brilliant.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Tenuous.

iDave
    Free Member

Tenuous but tis true……

Stuey01
    Free Member

Darren Clarke was awesome today. We watched him on several holes, including his brilliant eagle on the 7th. There was so much warmth for him from the crowd, the cheers for all the players were great but for Darren they were another level. He was great too, acknowledging and thanking the crowd all the way round, came across as a great bloke and a well deserving champion. Chuffed to bits that he won it.

Top day out, despite the crazy weather!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘The Open’ is closed to new replies.