Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The last section on the Climachx trail…
  • grum
    Free Member

might just be my favourite descent, having ridden it for the first (and second) time yesterday. Massive thumbs up to the trail builders, they’ve done a great job – really fast and flowy but still with interesting rocky bits and loads of bits to jump/drop off. Hope they succeed in their plans to extend it.

By the way, does anyone know if you can donate to them online, we only put a couple of quid in the collection box and planned to put more in afterwards but forgot. Couldn’t see anything on their website.

walla24
    Free Member

+1!

grum
    Free Member

Bump. 🙂

benjamins11
    Free Member

tis very good, the rest of the trails not much to write home about though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Try asking Teg at the Holey Trail in Mach. IIRC he’s involved.

grum
    Free Member

Thanks CFH, I’ll try that.

benjamins11 – I really enjoyed the other singletrack sections – not technical at all but they flowed nicely imo. Overall there was a bit too much fireroad maybe, but some of the singletrack was closed for logging when we were there.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Like it lots, but riding that last bit up there on my own leaves me convinced that I might possibly die if I’m tempted to go too fast, so I prefer pinning those sweet swoopy singletrack sections – especially that bit of singletrack immediately before the last rocky horror.

That said, it’s now my local, but I’ve only ridden it twice, so with a little bit more familiarity I think it won’t seem quite so daunting. The first time around there I had my dozy la-dee-da ‘trail centre brain’ engaged and was a little shocked coming upon some of the sections, which have none of those typical dozy-brained trail centre warning signs. Not that that’s a bad thing… 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘The last section on the Climachx trail…’ is closed to new replies.