Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 138 total)
  • The irony of the woofterball world cup…
  • bazzer
    Free Member

On a serious note, its a disgrace that FIFA are not using there power for good. They should have knocked back Quatar and told them they would have got the world cup if it were not for their laws discriminating against minority groups and its agaist FIFA’s ethical principals to award it too them.

Bazzer

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

FIFA’s ethical principals

😆

naedeyw
    Free Member

Sport, eh! I find it rather queer the antagonism in sport. I mean, I’m a gay, jolly type of chap but I prefer cricket to football. I once batted for the other side; our bowler had a wonderful wrist action and bowled a maiden over, he seemed pleased I’d come out and was even more pleased when he had me caught behind 😯

Jamie
    Free Member

and its agaist FIFA’s ethical principals

*sniggers*

Junkyard
    Free Member

What a very short manifesto that would be
    I nominate this for best oxymoron of the year

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

FIFA’s ethical principals

PMSL

sc-xc

And will someone, please, tell me why ‘woofter’ may be considered offensive, any more so than ‘idiot’, ‘imbecile’, ‘stupid’, or ‘moron’. I’m sure someone with learning difficulties

I imagine that imbecile, idiot, stupid & moron are very offensive when directed at people with learning difficulties…unless you are suggesting that people with learning difficulties are ‘stupid’?

If so – it highlights your ignorance.

duntmatter
    Free Member

I forgot the offended of Royal Tunbridge Wells inhabit this place.

No matter, but I do hope that noone on here has even so much as smirked at that STW/Hitler downfall video – Hitler was hardly something to laugh about now was he (Duntmatter, for starters…)?

The offended of Royal Tunbridge Wells, yeah. Always hunting for perfectly acceptable conduct to work themselves into a flap about. 🙄

zokes – you say yourself you don’t know where the ‘lines of offence are drawn.’ This very phrase suggests your ignorance of what acceptability means. Nobody draws lines. It’s just simple respect for other people.

On the Downfall video, you’ve made an error in comparing my laughing at a witty and well-observed piece of humour about STW with ignorant (literally, by your own admission) and contemptuous bile.

I was not laughing about Hitler, but about STW. Even if I was laughing about Hitler, that would not be to condone him in any way. For your implied criticism to be valid, I would have to have been laughing with Hitler at a joke he made about the inferiority of gay people, for example. See?

PS, It’s ‘duntmatter’, not ‘Duntmatter’.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It duntmatter, surely? 😀

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Started off badly:

Then it got worse:

And worse:

And worser:

Until it was so huge Zokes could no longer claw his way out:

CountZero

I prefer wendyball, just because a bunch of grown men immediately start behaving like ten year old girls as soon as things don’t go their own way, snivelling and throwing themselves on the ground.

Jamie
    Free Member

I prefer wendyball, just because a bunch of grown men immediately start behaving like ten year old girls as soon as things don’t go their own way, snivelling and throwing themselves on the ground.

Yeah, because that happens. Every. Single. Time.

tankslapper
    Free Member

HEH!

Jamie
    Free Member

As far as non-sequiturs go, that’s a goodie.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah, because that happens. Every. Single. Time.

Jumpers for goalposts. Sunday league. Autumn evenings in the park. Blah blah.

Trying to think of a televised game I’ve seen in the last decade where it hasn’t happened. The game isn’t broken but those who play it and run it at the level we see on tv are.

But let’s not get distracted from beating up on someone who is only sticking up for free speech.

Jamie
    Free Member

Trying to think of a televised game I’ve seen in the last decade where it hasn’t happened

Think harder.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ok.

Done.

Still haven’t.

Mind you, I’ve hardly watched any over the last year or two. I’m thinking there wouldn’t be any in that timeframe.

Jamie
    Free Member

I guess at the end of the day it does not really matter. The mods are obviously cool with this thread so I will go back to my Guardian lined burrow 8)

Incidentally, I am off to Arsenal/Stoke on Sat so will shout at anyone who looks like they are play acting. Might even point them at this thread 😉

zokes
    Free Member

Actually, I went to sleep…

I imagine that imbecile, idiot, stupid & moron are very offensive when directed at people with learning difficulties…unless you are suggesting that people with learning difficulties are ‘stupid’?

If so – it highlights your ignorance.

Following your bizzarre line of reasoning would imply that calling all footballers queers is only offensive to those who are? As I seem to have highlighted Ronaldo in particular, I think there’s plenty of evidence that he’s not homosexual, so there’s no need to worry 🙄

Really, what if a person with learning difficulties read Junkyard’s insult to me? Moron (as Elfinmuppet in one of his previous guises pointed out to me when I lost my rag with him slightly) is an offensive word. Interestingly, as it’s a once-medical word, idiot also fits on the scale that was used to medically describe those of low mental capacity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moron_(psychology)

Personally, I find potentially insulting people with learning disabilities a lot more offensive than the rabid homophobia of which I seem to have been accused. Clearly, the offended of Royal Singletrack World have kind of missed this bit.

I prefer wendyball, just because a bunch of grown men immediately start behaving like ten year old girls

So being sexist now are we?

I was not laughing about Hitler, but about STW. Even if I was laughing about Hitler, that would not be to condone him in any way.

You were deriving mirth and humour from an exceedingly un-funny person: responsible for the deaths of millions, the persecution of several races, and ironically (given the nature of this thread and your ‘uproar’), homosexuals. Dress it up how you like, but finding humour in a historical character so abhorent is a damned sight worse than any homophobia I’ve been perceived to be guilty of, even though I was merely using language that has been ‘acceptable’ to describe football on this forum.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I hope they’re broken at the end of it. But don’t go giving that [swear filter avoidance] Pulis anything to be crowing about.

Saw the edit too J. 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

But let’s not get distracted from beating up on someone who is only sticking up for free speech

Yes it will be a terrible blow for freedom when you can no longer call a homosexual by a derogatory term. Another bad day like when we stopped the minstrals and gollywogs. Where will this agenda for respect end?

Jamie
    Free Member

deadlydarcy:

I hope they’re broken at the end of it…..

Given the current climate, you will just have to imagine the horrific names I just called you 8)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Aren’t you from paddy stock JY? pffft.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Go on, it’s late Jamie. They might not be watching…

Jamie
    Free Member

Go on, it’s late Jamie. They might not be watching…

They are always watching….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That’s the best I’ve seen you looking in ages. Did you get those guns from the climbing? 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Nah. Masturbation mostly.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

😥 thought I may have gotten a song lyric for biting

duntmatter
    Free Member

Dress it up how you like, but finding humour in a historical character so abhorent is a damned sight worse than any homophobia I’ve been perceived to be guilty of

Eh? So I should only laugh at good people? Okaaay.

Is this song wrong too? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler_Has_Only_Got_One_Ball

sc-xc

**** me. If you don’t get it zokes then god help you.

And will someone, please, tell me why ‘woofter’ may be considered offensive, any more so than ‘idiot’, ‘imbecile’, ‘stupid’, or ‘moron’. I’m sure someone with learning difficulties could take offence at all those terms, yet they are bandied about often enough.

So you think that some with LD would take offence at those words? WHY WOULD THEY? Why would you ASSUME they would? Is it because you feel that anyone with LD is a moron?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

thought I may have gotten a song lyric for biting

Hands up, Baby hands up. Gimme your love, gimme, gimme your love, baby put your hands up…

Never too latey matey 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

How about
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K08akOt2kuo[/video]

The offence in woofterball – slight tho it is is in using a slang term for gay as an insult.

If you are a woofter its offensive to be compared to a footballer

If you are a woofter and like playing with balls – then you are playing wooftervball – clear?

Junkyard
    Free Member

here be really offended then
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K08akOt2kuo[/video]

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Too slow 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcvjoWOwnn4[/video]

Junkyard
    Free Member

OMG i think like TJ 😯

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

with discrimination? 😉

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

think like TJ

🙂 Is this the oxmoron thread

a) people choose to be offended by what in the grand scheme of things are very minor issues, and

This is an interesting point, I’m not sure if people on here are actually offended. But neither are they getting offended on behalf of others. I think some folks take it as their social responsibility to confront racism, sexism, homophobia etc. where they can.

wors

hey zokes, has being upside down led to the money in your pockets falling out so you can get a round in? 😀

zokes
    Free Member

So you think that some with LD would take offence at those words? WHY WOULD THEY? Why would you ASSUME they would? Is it because you feel that anyone with LD is a moron?

So why would someone who is homosexual automatically take offence at the use of the word ‘woofer’? Do you use your brain for thinking, or is it just in there to stop your head from wobbling about too much?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 138 total)

The topic ‘The irony of the woofterball world cup…’ is closed to new replies.