Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The inner chimp
  • iDave
    Free Member

Anyone else reading (and enjoying or not) Dr Steve Peters book?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Aye, it’s a good book. Hearing the man speak about it is way better though.

Haze

Have it on order after reading a litle about it in CW this (or last?) week.

GrahamS

Heard him chatting about it on Radio 4 the other week.
    Sounded interesting. Worth a look?

iDave
    Free Member

“Worth a look?”

Well it certainly explained a lot about my ex-wife’s behaviour!

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Just started it… I remain open minded on the subject. However, I don’t think my inner chimp is particularly interested…

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Haven’t finished it yet, but does it include a bit about psychopaths being wired up differently? 😉

wwaswas

Two chimps in the bath.

One says ‘oooohh, oooohhh, aaahhhh, aaahhh’

The other one says ‘well put some more cold in then!’

igmc.

GrahamS

Well it certainly explained a lot about my ex-wife’s behaviour!

A book that explains the behaviour of women????

Heresy! Blasphemy!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

So it’s not some sort of “Think Positive to Transform Your Life” airport book pseudo-psychological bullshit, then?

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’m from Mars and we don’t have chimps here just men in caves, so I did a quick google on

inner chimp Steve Peters

which took me to an old interview with Mark Cavendish

In his absorbing and often riveting new book, Cavendish trashes the contribution of some former leading members of British cycling – in particular, Simon Jones, acclaimed as the UK’s coach of the year after the 2004 Olympics. “He was a dickhead and all their scientific analysis of riders is complete bollocks when it comes to me. They kept telling me I wasn’t hitting the numbers but look what’s happened since. I couldn’t give a **** about Simon Jones.”

With more warmth, he describes Brailsford, the feted performance director of British cycling, as “a media darling”. He is also amused at the way in which Britain’s Olympic gold-medal winning track cyclists are so heavily reliant on the sports psychologist Steve Peters – who has done so much to ease the often tortured psyches of Wiggins and Victoria Pendleton, and even Chris Hoy. “I like Steve. But all that stuff about ‘taming your inner chimp [of negative thought]’ is hilarious.”

So now I might have to buy both books, just to see what they’re going on about 🙂

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah thinking about buying it myself after the bit on it in CW, I have a feeling I’ll get bored halfway through and it won’t transform my life but worth a go I guess.

spacemonkey

Sounds like yet another self-help book with (transparent) references to self-coaching and NLP etc. No doubt I’ll buy it anyway and add it to the pile I’ve been promising myself to read for years.

Having said that, the ‘chimp’ element will sucker me in more so than if he’d called it something like “The Inner Turtle”.

loum
    Free Member

That Cav quote sounds like he’d be a good read. Genuine and honest.
    Anyone read Boy Racer and know if its any good?

IanMunro, is that the bokk you quoted?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Boy Racer is a pretty good read but not as good as David Millar’s autobiography

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘The inner chimp’ is closed to new replies.