Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • the handy hint thread
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

this could very easily turn into a viz top tips threads knowing this forum, but i figured i’d start of with a helpful one:

rub shaving foam into the surface of your bathroom mirrors then polish til its shiny again and it will stop them steaming up 🙂

psling
    Free Member

One I’m sure everyone here already knows:

Put the chain on the big ring before working on cranks/pedals/etc. Saves on those OUCH! moments 8)

Oh, and run the cold tap first, hot tap second to stop the mirror misting up…

organic355
    Free Member

Put the chain on the big ring before working on cranks/pedals/etc. Saves on those OUCH! moments

every days a school day 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Always pack a coat hanger when travelling. Makes it much easier to hang a shirt up in a steamy bathroom to “hang out” any creases, as the hotel ones will be those annoying ones without a hook.

organic355
    Free Member

An empty aluminum cigar tube filled with angry wasps makes an inexpensive gift your wife will love.

yossarian
    Free Member

Do not hand your money over to a maker of mountain biking related cartoon style keyrings without a realistic delivery date.

sobriety
    Free Member

Razor before gaffer tape.

eyerideit
    Free Member

newspaper is excellent for polishing windows/mirrors for a streak free finish

bicarb and bleach mixed gets rid of mildew brilliantly

crikey
    Free Member

Always pack a coat hanger when travelling. Makes it much easier to hang a shirt up in a steamy bathroom to “hang out” any creases, as the hotel ones will be those annoying ones without a hook.

When using the ‘turn the shower on and steam the creases out’ method, always ensure that the bathroom door remains closed, because smoke detectors in the Ibis hotel chain, sited convieniently outside the bathroom door, are unable to distinguish the difference between steam and smoke.

You may inadvertently cause your fellow conference attendees to run out onto the corridor dressed only in small bath towels.

Ahem.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

When using the ‘turn the shower on and steam the creases out’ method, always ensure that the bathroom door remains closed, because smoke detectors in the Ibis hotel chain, sited convieniently outside the bathroom door, are unable to distinguish the difference between steam and smoke.

Another top tip;

Stay in good quality hotels. 🙂

crikey
    Free Member

NHS were paying… 🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

I used to stay in hotels of such good quality that they trusted the guests not to nick the hangers and hence they were the normal kind.

Those days are sadly missed.

bruneep

Avoid arguments with the missus about lifting the loo seat by simply
    pissing in the sink.

alpin
    Free Member

bruneep – Member

Avoid arguments with the missus about lifting the loo seat by simply
    pissing in the sink.

+1

camo16
    Free Member

Don’t waste money buying an expensive telescope. Choose the cheapo option and practice jumping really, really high.

TheFlyingOx

When buying a camera, actually buy two. That way, you can take a photo of it for advert purposes when it’s time to upgrade.

binners

Couldn’t resist this one from Viz

CASH STRAPPED police forces. The average police woman’s uniform costs around £250. But Ann Summers’ shops do a wipe-clean one for under twenty. So save money and improve public relations in one stroke.

😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

one stroke.

Is that all it takes?

Try using your left hand. Feels like someone else is doing it.

aracer
    Free Member

Another top tip;

Stay in good quality hotels.

Alternatively, go on conferences with good quality attendees.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Couldn’t resist this one from Viz

CASH STRAPPED police forces. The average police woman’s uniform costs around £250. But Ann Summers’ shops do a wipe-clean one for under twenty. So save money and improve public relations in one stroke.

Just one stroke!

PJM1974
    Free Member

HOUSE HUNTERS. Kind homeowners warn others of undesirable areas by covering their houses in lights at this time of year…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Don’t tug on Superman’s cape.
    Don’t spit into the wind.
    Don’t pull the mask off the ol’ Lone Ranger.
    And you can’t **** with me and my men.

GrahamS

Trapped wind or bloating?

Don’t bother with chemically pills and the like, just lie on your back and pull your knees up to your chest, squeeze, and relaxxxx….

Note: more sensitive co-workers may object, so it may be best to sneak into an enclosed space, like the bosses office while he is away from his desk.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Avoid Birmingham and surrounds by taking the M6 Toll 😯

TooTall
    Free Member

When you want to remove your bicycle pedals and can’t remember……

BACK OFF!

When the bike is upright and you put the pedal spanner on the pedal vertically, you rotate it towards the back of the bike to take them off!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Avoid Birmingham and surrounds by taking the M6 Toll

FTFY. 😉

Shibboleth
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Try using your left hand. Feels like someone else is doing it.

Apparently, if you lie on your knob for a few minutes first, it feels like you’re doing it to someone else… Sommat like that anyway…

joolsburger
    Free Member

If you use a combi boiler turn down the heat of the water – Not much point heating it up to then cool it down for baths etc by adding cold.

Always let shoe polish dry for an hour or so before polishing.

Vinegar is cheaper and better than viakal.

Half a ping pong ball makes an ideal crash helmet for a hampster.

A used shuttlecock is the perfect wedding headwear for a chicken.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

On the night that both Manchester sides experience the ignominy of exiting the Champions League at the first round, don’t swan around whistling “You’ll Never Walk Alone” 🙂

andrewh
    Free Member

Cut down on road deaths by driving on the pavement.

tazzymtb

don’t stand on the top of hill wearing wet copper armour in a thunder storm screaming “all the gods are Bstards”

and a real life one, when riffling through a cupboard DO NOT MIX UP A TUBE OF VEET WITH PILE CREAM 😯

andrewh
    Free Member

Also, keep superglue and vaseline in separate drawers, when rumaging in the dark it easy to get them mixed up. I did and you can imagine what happened!
    The broken spout fell off my teapot again.

Bregante

On the night that both Manchester sides experience the ignominy of exiting the Champions League at the first round, don’t swan around whistling “You’ll Never Walk Alone”

Thin ice dd. Thin ice..

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

On the night that both Manchester sides experience the ignominy of exiting the Champions League at the first round, don’t swan around whistling “You’ll Never Walk Alone”

😆

Please tell me you did?

Also, keep superglue and vaseline in separate drawers, when rumaging in the dark it easy to get them mixed up. I did and you can imagine what happened!
    The broken spout fell off my teapot again.

😆

Qualitage.

Elfin’s Top Tip:

If the need to argue on tinternet overcomes you, avoid arguing with Elfin, as he is always right and the more you argue with him the sillier you will look and more laughing he will be.

😀

tazzymtb

confused about what bike to ride? don’t want to miss out on the next big thing in the world of mountain bikes?

just buy a set of handlebars and run around imagining whatever bike you want. no longer will you need a slacker head angle or more travel for that gnarly bit and it really will climb like an xc hard tail.

cleanin and maintenance is even easier as well

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Tazzy – I keep getting chain suck and had 3, yes Three punctures the last time I used mine.

Kevevs
    Free Member

don’t drink too much alcohol unless you feel like it, and then you could make a flowerbed or something out of the unused alcohol. And a packet of crisps in the wind is a useful packet of crisps not spared whatsoever, it’s foil in the wind… and then there’s the terrible unused cake in christmas parties.. bad.

tazzymtb

Tazzy – I keep getting chain suck and had 3, yes Three punctures the last time I used mine.

TSY you should have imagined a stans system and a single speed, no problems then 😀

flip
    Free Member

When you’ve missed the last coach back to Bournemouth at London Victoria coach station, don’t abuse the Met Police when they’re trying to help.

Or you’ll spend the night locked up in Belgravia cop shop 😳

Cougar

don’t stand on the top of hill wearing wet copper armour in a thunder storm screaming “all the gods are Bstards”

Thank you, Twoflower.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘the handy hint thread’ is closed to new replies.