Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The film Mesrine
  • hora
    Free Member

Sceptical here from Manchester.

I'm won over.

A fan of the films.

allyharp

I loved them – best films I saw last year. The first was the better by quite a bit though.

Junkyard
    Free Member

loved it……..never took you as the foreign film buff you been at Cornerhouse finding the inner you?

hora
    Free Member

Junkyard. I was brought up on Kurosawa then I stumbled onto ChungKing Express as a youth, it had me on the ropes. Pummelled.. And, I fell in love.

I love foreign cinema. Some of the films make me cry, drunk with emotion.

Junkyard
    Free Member

respect to you I love foreign films and oldies you know where characters had lines and chemistry between them. Do quite like sci-fi but modern films – sound track + special effects and no plot- just leave me disinterested /cold.
    Delicatessen [spell] was my first foray into them……at the Cornerhouse 😯

Edukator
    Free Member

Foreign? You mean American? I hate foreign films, they're poorly acted nonsense scenarios with implausible special effects and stunts – see the Oscar winners. Jacques Mesrine was a nasty piece of work and I'm not sure that gloryfying his dismal existance is a good thing. I prefer a romantic comedy or drama myself, see pseudo.

hora
    Free Member

Edukator, watch the film 'Ran'. Its a fantastic piece of cinematic Japanese noh theatre. Its got drama and abit of romance. 😆

Edukator
    Free Member

Ran est la « chronique impitoyable d'une vile soif de pouvoir, de la trahison du père par ses fils, et de guerres et de meurtres incessants qui finissent par détruire tous les personnages principaux

You sure!? Not really my thing.

hora
    Free Member

Thats appallingly written. 😯

Edukator
    Free Member

Reads fine to me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘The film Mesrine’ is closed to new replies.