Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The English Badminton team.
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

Sensibly cautious?
    or a bunch of shandy drinking panty wetters?

kimbers

pussies

samuri
    Free Member

not their choice was it? The badminton board of directors or whatever will have said they couldn't go. I've no doubt the team are a group of the hardest ex-marines you could ever not want to meet.

allthepies
    Free Member

Couldn't go ? I thought they were already there but elected to fly back home again. And who can blame them.

zaskar
    Free Member

Think I'd be nervous as hell if my country was hated by Arabs and Muslims etc and look what happened in Munich back in the '70s.

Now there was a recent terror alert with the hotels.

But expect the same for London 2012-terrorist threats etc will we moan if everyone pulls out?

What they should have done is demanded protection from the start.

Then again Badminton is so popular…(I used to play for my county and switched to road riding)

druidh
    Free Member

Lager-swilling surrender monkeys.

deft
    Free Member

They obviously reckoned loads of other teams would be pulling out too, and now feel a bit silly

cbike
    Free Member

Shandy Drinkers – The Scots are there, They practice with grenades, duck feathers and gaffertape anyway so a shuttlecock is but a holiday for them.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

My uncle used to be the photographer for the british badminton assoc. (or whatever it's called). Not a lot of people know that but… 😉

willard

If it was a specific threat against the "English" team (possibly by terrorists that are either _very_ aggrieved by England, or can't make the distinction between England and Britain), then I can understand it. Maybe.

But if it was just a general threat and the directors thought that the security was a bit sub-par, then there is a degree of pussiness to the decision.

I mean, even the Welsh team is still there…

samuri
    Free Member

My Uncle used to be a police photographer. The most interesting thing he told me about that was the staggering number of men who die with a great big stiffy.

IanMunro
    Free Member

That's because God has great breasts.

Nico
    Free Member

"I've no doubt the team are a group of the hardest ex-marines you could ever not want to meet."

Ah, so that was the problem: they wanted a helicopter each, and new Land Rovers all round.

enfht
    Free Member

My Uncle used to be a police photographer. The most interesting thing he told me about that was the staggering number of men who die with a great big stiffy.

The most I'll die with will be a stiffy 😥

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘The English Badminton team.’ is closed to new replies.