Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The end of the world as we know it…thread
  • organic355
    Free Member

Been You tubing end of the world, december 2012 etc etc at lunch and then this, 3 days of darkeness thing. Never in all my life have I heard such crap:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGosG5wA2eQ[/video]

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Never in all my life have I heard such crap:

I can’t see youtube at work but if it’s quality conspiracy crap, you might want to search this forum for “kaesae”.

BermBandit
    Free Member

What really does me in is the hypocracy of it.

I mean fair enough if you believe it then fine, but I don’t know about you, but if I were living with a certainty that the end of the world was nigh there are a good few things I would be doing, and quite a lot that I wouldn’t.

A short but inexhaustive list for example

1) Dirty great Credit Card bill
    2) Sluts
    3) That new full bouncer I’ve got my eye on
    4) The round the world bike trip
    5) Paying off the overdraft
    6) Talking to the mother in law
    7) DIY
    8) Go to work

So two questions occur to me.

Why do none of these soothsayers of doom live by their convictions, and throw off the shackles of responsibility?
    Why don’t they advertise themselves better, I mean what the worst that can happen?

My suggestion is that we start a list of those who subscribe to the December2012ageddon theory, and we can have the last laugh on January 1st…..The other possible outcome is obviously irrelevant. 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

What is actually going to happen at the ‘end’ of the world anyway?

Are we talking the cessation of time? The earth exploding? We’re all going to be called up to judgement?

zippykona

Have any of the other end of the world prophesies happened yet?

Solo
    Free Member

Never in all my life have I heard such crap

Really ?. then get yourself over to the Casual racism thread.

They’ve plenty O’crap with lots to spare
    😉

HTH.

CountZero

Thing about the whole Mayan prophesies stuff is that actual Mayans, (yes, Victoria, there are Mayans), do the rolls eyes thing about this subject. It’s not the end of the world, just the end of one calendar cycle. 🙄

molgrips
    Free Member

What’s interesting is the way that people seem very willing to believe that the ancients knew amazing secrets that have been forgotten. Possibly harking back to the idea of the renaissance.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What’s not interesting these days is the way that people seem very willing to believe that the ancients knew amazing secrets that have been forgotten. Possibly harking back to the idea of the renaissance[b]anything they find on the internet[/b].

think this is more the truth…..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘The end of the world as we know it…thread’ is closed to new replies.