• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by SST.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • "The Eagles" are coming to SA next April
  • SST
    Free Member

just before I leave to go back to the UK.

The good tickets are around £100 each. Worth going to see a classic band or not worth going to see a bunch of old people?

I didn’t go to see Led Zep at the O2 the other year because I thought I’d be disappointed . . .

Bunnyhop

Worth the money imo.
    They can play, sing and even talk to each other now. Have fun.

CountZero

Just because a few sneer and criticise such gigs as a pure money making excercise, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t go and really enjoy it. All musicians want to make money, without it they can’t carry on making music for people to enjoy.
    I’d have loved to have seen Leonard Cohen on his last tour, but tickets were too expensive for me. That really was to make money, Len had lost most of his investments after a close friend had embezzled the money. The gigs were an absolute joy to attend, by all accounts. Go, and enjoy.
    As it happens, I’ve seen, and met, the bloke who wrote a number of the Eagles greatest hits, like New Kid In Town, in a tiny little church hall venue with about 300 people. John David Souther, truly lovely bloke, who was delighted to sign my original ’70’s vinyl copy of his album Black Rose.
    Not often you get an opportunity like that.

sc-xc

If you think it’s worth £100 – then go for it. I would.

I’m getting tickets for Bruce Springsteen next year….first saw him in 1988 and go every time he comes to the UK. It couldn’t be further from the type of music I listen to, but I have a great night out.

BoardinBob

I saw their farewell tour about 15 years ago.

How the hell can they still be going?

They are excellent live though.

SST
    Free Member

If think we’re gonna go – it’s at Soccer City, where the world cup final was played.

Funnily enough I saw AC/DC at the Stade de France not long after the world cup was played there too!

sc-xc – that was the “Tunnel of Love” tour I tink.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘"The Eagles" are coming to SA next April’ is closed to new replies.