Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The Doomsday Clock
  • SaxonRider

As a boy with a paper round in the last decades of the Cold War, I remember reading with terror about the Doomsday Clock and how close we would move to midnight with every conversation between the United States and the Soviet Union.

Imagine my delight, then, when I saw this come up in my news feed this morning.

Only 3 minutes to midnight.

Trimix
    Free Member

Is there a dooms day clock we can look at for Asteroid / Volcano / Climate Change immanent death ?

That too could be 3 mins to midnight.

mikey74
    Free Member

It will always be…..

[video]https://youtu.be/7sXPmz9b4lM[/video]

MoreCashThanDash

My understanding was that the clock took account of all possible disasters.

Is there somewhere where you can see how it has altered over the years – remember the Cold War era very well – Dad was in the RAF – seems hard to believe that we were living like that 30 years ago, worrying how things may be 30 years from now.

unknown
    Free Member

We, the members of the Science and Security Board of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, want to be clear about our decision not to move the hands of the Doomsday Clock in 2016: That decision is not good news, but an expression of dismay that world leaders continue to fail to focus their efforts and the world’s attention on reducing the extreme danger posed by nuclear weapons and climate change.

Delight?

Some interesting reading in there re. the folly of Trident renewal too.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

One day the ground you stand on will be under the sea on a different bit of the planet and there will be no humans anywhere because we will all have died out – just another failed strand of evolution.

Drink up, the world’s about to end.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘The Doomsday Clock’ is closed to new replies.