Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • The Budget
  • midlifecrashes

Osbourne just started talking. Quick, car tank nearly empty, should I go fill it now?

Harry_the_Spider

Launch the airstrike NOW[/u] because we know where they all are!

yossarian
    Free Member

I predict that we will all be worse off unless we are already rich

What year is it again?

LMT
    Free Member

I filled mine monday, found a pfs on way home only charging 1.28 per ltr so took advantage! rumor is it will be £1.40 by the end of the week.

MrNutt
    Free Member

hmm, putting the “n” into cuts again by the looks of it.

enfht
    Free Member

Alistair Darling looks a bit miffed 😆

titusrider
    Free Member

go fill up tomorrow, its going down 🙂

midlifecrashes

Sods law! Done it, paid £1.307/l. Mind you, if I hadn’t filled up, Osbourne wouldn’t have reduced it. You may thank me via my usual PayPal address. 😆

derek_starship
    Free Member

As long as Vodka stays at £12.97 a litre I don’t care.

dickydutch

It’d be £25 a litre if it was down to me!

allthepies
    Free Member

pre-budget fillup FAIL 🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

say good bye to more locals…

The pub trade has been dealt another devastating blow — with the price of a pint set to rise another 10p — after the Chancellor stuck to plans to increase duty by 7.5″

well its not like they’ve been closing at a dramatic rate now is it, oh hang on…

Drac

Don’t Panic, Don’t Panic.

kimbers

we have to pay for those cruise misslies weve been firing at gaddaffi

$600k- 1.2million each , i think i read wed launched 24 so far

thats gonna do the deficit a world of good

MrNutt
    Free Member

we’re all gonna die! It’s the supermoon again!! we’re all gonna die!!

kimbers

also anyone else think council tax rise freeze is crazy when so much money is being taken out of the councils budget?

midlifecrashes

also anyone else think council tax rise freeze is crazy when so much money is being taken out of the councils budget?

No, the money is being taken out so they stop doing stuff, not so they find an alternative source of income.

lunge

No, the money is being taken out so they stop doing stuff, not so they find an alternative source of income.

Yes Sandwell Council, that is aimed at you, don’t complain you have no money when you have spent £2 million tidying up a roundabout. Thanks.

Sorry, back to subject, as you were.

binners

How much does it cost in aviation fuel to fly a Tornado on a 3000 mile round trip?

Anyway… don’t worry. All our lives will be mercifully short. We’ll soon be left scrabbling around in the mud like medieval peasants, fighting over grains of rice, while Dave and his chums float above us on huge gold-plated Absinthe-fuelled sedan chairs, eating Swans livers and quoffing vintage champagne, while chortling merrily at the entertainment

yossarian
    Free Member

I’m still laughing at the description of Cameron as looking like a freshly **** dick

El-bent
    Free Member

pre-budget fillup FAIL

Don’t be too hard on him, the price will probably be going back up in a few days anyway, regardless of Oil extraction tax or whatever its called.

Still we can celebrate a 1p cut in fuel duty, by going down the pub for a pint, hang on…

D0NK

When does the beer go up? Got a stag do on friday this could be BAD.

binners

If the stag do is 27,000 miles away and you’re driving there, with your petrol savings, the trip could be self-financing

philconsequence
    Free Member

fighting over grains of rice, while Dave and his chums float above us on huge gold-plated Absinthe-fuelled sedan chairs, eating Swans livers and quoffing vintage champagne, while chortling merrily at the entertainment

a) i thought rice wasn’t allowed?
    b) i thought the iDave diet was free?

internet bullying is an ugly thing binners!

binners

I’m just trying to expose the ugly truth phil. He’s a tyrant!!!!

ourkidsam
    Free Member

How much does it cost in aviation fuel to fly a Tornado on a 3000 mile round trip?

£260,000 cost of a flight, apparently

philconsequence
    Free Member

Highland28
    Free Member

My dad popped into Lairg in the Highlands last week and the petrol has hit £1.50 per litre, it is becoming ridiculous. Glad I chose to get my new frame rather than get a car now 😀

binners

Its certainly providing the excuse/reason for the new bike I is DEFINITELY gonna buy now, innit? 😀

MrsPoddy
    Free Member

feeling smug as just been on budget calendar and allegedly I am going to be better off in 2011/2012 (bet I’m not Mr Chancellor)

BermBandit
    Free Member

Having watched the evil one on the news this a.m. justifying himself two things in particular struck me.

1) Anytime a question hits a soft spot someone pulls the little ring in his back and the phrase ” the deficit we’ve inherited” comes out, regardless of whether its appropriate or not. (so for example in answer to the point “I see you’ve had to revise your growth forecast down to 1.7% chancellor”, “the deficit we inherited” isn’t a really reasonable answer)

2) I can’t help getting the uneasy feeling that the ridiculous 5p increase on fuel duty that was mooted was solely done so it could be withdrawn and for no other reason. Judging by the number of times he had to run and hide behind it this morning its just as well.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘The Budget’ is closed to new replies.