• This topic has 27 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by mefty.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The Boat Race 2015… place yer bets
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Ok,

Cambridge..

welshfarmer

Mens or Womens race?

Having zero knowledge I will guess Oxford for the men and Cambridge for the ladies.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Dark blue.

😉

tiggs121
    Free Member

How come it’s always Oxford and Cambridge in the final?

bikebouy
    Free Member

^ yer buttttt

Whats your bet ?? 😆

johnnystorm
    tiggs121
    Free Member

Oxford by a nose.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Each way bet?

bantasanta
    Free Member

Ford FTW

mefty
    Free Member

Oxford in the women’s if the reserve race is an indicator, they romped home today.

Oxford in the men’s, they are firm favorites.

Markie
    Free Member

Oxford’s women will crush Cambridge (thanks to some particularly fine recruitment work!) – unless Cambridge get lucky in an early clash and Oxford lose an oar, or somesuch.

Oxford for the men’s too, more than likely.

bantasanta
    Free Member

if the reserve race is an indicator

It isn’t.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

i remember when i was a a kid this was such a big thing, can’t say i’ve watched it now for over 15 years….i always wanted oxford to win for some reason? so Oxford!

mefty
    Free Member

It isn’t.

Well they 6/1 on as well! But the reserve race was crushing 4 lengths by hammersmith.

Caher

Keele? We were bloody good at the dragon boat.

welshfarmer

Closest I got to the boat race at Keele was a rubber dinghy on the lakes one hot summer afternoon! 🙂

Northwind

I like it when they both sink, so, that.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Oxford. Saw the ladies out training a few times, quite a setup for a bunch of students 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

We could make it more interesting.

LHS
    Free Member

yep i know nothing about rowing but was watching the womens reserve race yesterday and oxford crushed cambridge by about 1/4 mile. Everyone around me said it was a strong indicator for what would happen today.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@LHS, on indicators I not so sure. There is so much recruitment that goes on its very possible a Uni has good strength in depth but that the recruitment for the first 8 isn’t somstrong. The senior boats are almost always international rowers brought in on specific post-grads it’s to row.

bikebouy
    Free Member

To add, light Blues in both teams for me. I have an (old) vested interest in the Flat Land City and have always pinned my colours to the colour of the sky there.

Always confuses me the import of athletes for this event, minimum criteria is a single term PHD at either one of the collages, hardly seems fair on local talent 😐

theotherjonv

It’s a great day out. If you like riverside pubs crammed with posh young ladies, that is.

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ Annnnd who doesn’t 😆

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Well Cambridge, that’s a year of your lives wasted. Feeling good?

slowoldman

It’s a demonstration that budget rules.

Kahurangi

slowoldman – I’ve not kept abreast of what the budgets, what’s the difference between them? I had a quick watch on YouTube and it looked like Oxford started moving away quickly once the water got choppy, i.e. Better technique 🙂

mefty
    Free Member

You are right Oxford won the race when they hit the headwind when they came round the apex of the Surrey bend at St Paul’s. The gap just opened in a matter of strokes despite Cambridge being on the Surrey side.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘The Boat Race 2015… place yer bets’ is closed to new replies.