Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 145 total)
  • The best sound in the world ever….
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So…

schrickvr6
    Free Member

When you think you’ve got a half decent fart but you pull the trigger and all hell breaks loose, like a trombone in a aircraft hanger. Either that or a BRM V16 or Audi 5cyl.

cheez0
    Free Member

mrs cheeze,
    tinkling a spoon in a cup where she’s just poured a cuppa!

PJM1974
    Free Member

My old Alfa Romeo V6 at 4,500rpm.

My missus laughing. Stepson 1 laughing – he doesn’t do it enough.

CountZero

Rolls-Royce Merlin at full throttle, or a Vulcan on re-heat. Sadly, the ‘Vulcan Howl’ ™ © ® is unlikely to be heard again, because they won’t allow re-heat to be used for displays. 😥

racefaceec90

this 😉 😀 [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwhJ9ZMHAFo[/video]

user-removed
    Free Member

The alarm clock when I’ve inadvertently left it set on a day off; the joy associated with turning it off and going back to sleep is unrivalled. Farts are good too though.

PJM1974
    Free Member

+1 for Merlins.

IIRC Vulcans don’t have a reheat…they flew with Bristol Olympus engines that only had reheat when fitted to Concorde. I’ve heard a Vulcan Howl at an air show in my youth, it damn near shook me out of my shoes. I’d like to add to that a ‘Lightning Scream’ having heard 8x Avons during a flyby.

grantway
    Free Member

Children’s Laughter

Northwind

Children crying

slimjim78
    Free Member

Optimus Prime transforming..

grantway
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    Children crying

That could only come from you LOL

Neil-F
    Free Member

Mazda rotary engine at full chat, drag racing.
    Audi R8, as above.
    A woman farting loudly. 😆
    A Chinook flying past low, although thats more of a feeling than a sound! 😯

fatalbert
    Free Member

Mr Ekrem shouting XL mixed Kebab,salad chili sauce!

slimjim78
    Free Member

the intro to this:

thegreatape
    Free Member

I like the sound of ducks and geese landing on water – whoooooosh.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

the sound of a bottle top coming off a beer in the sunshine surrounded by your mates having ridden a day of amazing trails….

TheFlyingOx

My old Alfa Romeo V6 at 4,500rpm.

I’ll raise you my RX7 at 8,500rpm 😀

Gorehound
    Free Member

the sound of a bottle top coming off a beer in the sunshine surrounded by your mates having ridden a day of amazing trails….

Second that.

CHB

Chinook gets my vote, or the sound of cats purring.

DrP

Scissors cutting thick paper…..love it!

DrP

Haze

The various sounds from skateboarding…clack of a decent ollie, tail slide in a pool etc.

martymac

honda rc30 at almost any revs, evn blipping the throttle makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.
    also, some female vocalists can achieve the same effect, seems to happen when they reach a certain pitch*.

*in absolutely no way was that intended to be a smutty comment*

Onzadog
    Free Member

Tinkle of alpine cow bells combined with the gentle whir of a chairlift.

muggomagic

I’ve noticed lately in the bike videos how much I really enjoy the sound of the bikes rattling over rough terrain.

Best sound in the world had to be the noise made when Will Buckley scored the winning goal in injury time at the 1st game at the Amex.

Rich_s

Uncontrollable giggling from a 2 year old when being tickled. Merlins/rx7/olympus on reheat all good calls though.

Mtb wise, how about the snick of a well set up shimano gear set going up the block under load when climbing?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

When you’re coxing an eight, and it’s going well and you’ve got them in time, there’s a sound…a “clunk” at the end of the stroke as the crew taps down, then there’s the sound of the seats rolling back up the slides, nice and controlled in the recovery phase…unpunctuated by the slightly annoying sound of a blade hitting the water.

When all this happens as one…and it’s a quiet misty morning on the river, it’s a grand sound, maybe not the best in the world, but it’s certainly a beautiful one.

slackman99
    Free Member

Brutal

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YPabCzxMXM[/video]

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Babies first cry in the delivery suite when they’ve bundled it away

Jesus, both times I heard that – the relief that everything’s gone well, the emotion involved. I reckon that takes some topping.

after that:

Chainsaw – the ringing noise from the clutch when its on idle
    Tree felling – the sound as it hits the ground, and the echo back from the other side of the clearfell.
    Guns – the sound of a pull through coming through the barrel, sort of a “thwonk”, and when deer stalking – the thud of a good, clean chest shot

planes – another for that vulcan howl – however the psssssst sound you get just *before* a tornado whacks over you at 200 feet is the business.

PrinceJohn

Sorry to take this thread to the gutter, but I like the sound of a lady really enjoying herself, or the tie fighters from star wars, or a football stadium in full voice.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

The sound of my old 205 Mi16 bouncing off the limiter as you set off out of a layby on a quiet country road, preferably the A4069 in the black mountains.

sunnrider
    Free Member

Sometimes, just peace and quiet, the sound of nothing at all.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Gotta be the Merlin. Working on an airfield I’m lucky enough to get the odd air display from a spitfire (albeit with a griffin engine) about once a year. Great stuff.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Last lap bell.
    Or Ducati Desmosedici.

mudmonster
    Free Member

I’ve noticed lately in the bike videos how much I really enjoy the sound of the bikes rattling over rough terrain.

But usually drowned out by s**t music.

allthepies
    Free Member

Taking on a whole football stadium ? What a harlot, and as for a tie fighter… 😯

trailmonkey

a football stadium in full voice

this.

i like the deep guttural gollllllllllllllllllllllllll that you get at spanish grounds when they score, that makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

jota180
    Free Member

A 1967 3 cylinder MV Agusta – especially when Ago is twisting the throttle

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubQJIKjiyz8[/video]

Sue_W
    Free Member

The sound of waves on the beach

And the constantly changing bird calls in the early morning dawn chorus

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Merlin – check
    Vulcan – check
    Kids laughing uncontrollably – check
    Waves on a beach – check

and I offer:

Curlews on the moors
    A VW flat four
    My old RD 350 LC

Just the sound of tyres on a trail – no rattles, clanks and clunking of gears whilst on the SS.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘The best sound in the world ever….’ is closed to new replies.