Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The Bad Shepherds
  • Kuco

'The Bad Shepherds' Anyone else heard, seen these? Adrian Edmondson doing punk songs in a folk style. Notice they are playing at a folk festival near to where I live later in the year think i'll have to go along and see them.

Didn't think i'll ever see the day i'll be at a folk festival.

I like at the end 5:40 where he describes where the name came from 🙂

beej

Saw them before Christmas – highly recommended, very entertaining and there are some great musicians in the band. And no, I'm not a folkie.

Ade came out after and signed CDs, tickets, did photos etc.

Curly68
    Free Member

They are playing at a festival in town later this year. May go and have a watch. Nice takes on classics!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gruffalosoldier
    Free Member

Saw them last year in Wrexham and again in Chester.

Bloody good night out!!

john_drummer
    Free Member

Didn't think i'll ever see the day i'll be at a folk festival

come to Otley in autumn. folktastic!

manton69

Superb music and musicianship. Watch out for the folk with punk twist. Priceless. Thoroughly good night out and the album is good as well.

Kuco

Just got the album off itunes. Otley a bit to far John.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Saw them at the Big Session last year and they were excellent. Edmondson has surrounded himself with some really good musicians. Kraftwerk's The Model played on the Uilleann pipes pipes has to be heard to be believed.

addy6402

Saw them at Moseley Folk Festival last year, very enjoyable!

Keva
    Free Member

saw them back in Sept/Oct time. Really good. Agree with uponthedowns, The Model is mesmerising, was probably my favourite of all.

Pyro

Saw them at Solfest in Cumbria last year, they were definitely one of the highlights. Their version of The Model is **** awesome.

charlierevell
    Free Member

Saw them back in May last year for my Birthday, wasnt to sure when the rents told me they had tickets and it was on my birthday but thought, if he talks like he does in bottom ill just be laughing anyway.

Thought they were amazing to be honest, really good take on music and deffinately a must see if your into music and some slightly alternative stuff!
    Should be playing Glasto this year…. i'd give them a go if I were you!

one_bad_mofo

Watch out for the folk with punk twist.

Seconded. I saw them play in Sevenoaks last year I travelled over from south London especially. When you try and describe them it sound like the concept shouldn't work but it does!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘The Bad Shepherds’ is closed to new replies.