Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The answer is not DX.
  • Taylorplayer
    Free Member

Apart from the Exposure Strada, are there any other lights that can be turned on, then toggled between hi/lo.

Most of my riding is on the road, yes the DX is great at £50 but I don't want to go from hi to strobe, off, lo, med. I just want to be able to dip my lights. (Or turn them off immediately – I think the dx goes to strobe first.)

ojom
    Free Member

Minewt x2/Dual/200/400

GW
    Free Member

the 5mode DX is – med, low, hi strobe, SOS.
    and you don't have to switch off between cycles. I ride road with mine, mainly on Med occasionally switching to Hi with 2 taps on the rear button (not presses, taps – it recognises the touch) then 3 taps to switch back to Med.
    I have an appauling memory so if I can manage it, anyone can.

trail_rat
    Free Member

most of exposure range do what you ask

hi – med – low -hi – med – low is the cycle it will go off if you hold the button in on any setting

How did/is uni going for you btw ? you graduated yet ?

steviegil
    Free Member

I know the answer your after is not DX but i have a couple 2 mode DX P7 and the mode's are off – high – low – off so nice and simple 🙂

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16501

Stoner
    Free Member

troutlight goes hi-low-hi-low press and hold for off 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

I've got the minewt x2 dual and there isn't a huge amount of light and the run time isn't very good either. Plus I'm now on my 3rd 'power module' as two have failed and been replaced under warranty.

Also got the p7 dx torch and you don't turn it off to switch between modes, I've never had an issue with switching anyway and I have the 5 mode version. But there is a 3 or 2 mode version (I can't remember which) too.

But I have a troutlight on the way now.

Clink

Or turn them off immediately

Ay-ups do this – just one simple, on/off button 😀

Padowan
    Free Member

You can directly turn off a DX bike light by holding the button from whatever mode it is in.

By using the press-and-hold you then have the following options:
    off>high>low>strobe>off
    off>high>low>off
    off>high>off

stumpy01

The Lumi LEDs are push up to go brighter, push down to go dimmer – but there's more steps than hi/low – something like low>med>high>boost.

As mentioned, I think there is a 2mode DX that is high/low or off, but seem to recall people saying the low is too dim for riding (and should be more like the medium on the 5 mode), so isn't much use.

elliptic
    Free Member

Tiger lights – long press for on/off, short press toggles high/low, the button glows green on low beam and blue on high.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘The answer is not DX.’ is closed to new replies.