Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • That strangeways programme, why???
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

I switched over before it had chance to start, why do we need to see who’s killed who and then televise it etc. Just wrong imo.

Nick

So you’re critising something you have no idea about?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Quite possibly very different to what the OP was expecting.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

It would drive me insane so can’t be watching that, i’d end up shouting at the TV and really annoyed!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yup and what of it, is that not part of the make up of stw!! However why do we want to see scum bags like this on the telly??

ton

wrightyson, why are they all scumbags?

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

However why do we want to see scum bags like this on the telly??

:roll

Its sad, very sad. Human beings at the very edge of desparation… at least they’ve all got playstations, tv’s etc eh?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Yup and what of it, is that not part of the make up of stw!! However why do we want to see scum bags like this on the telly??

Why not, these are the people you are rubbing shoulders with on the street when they are released.

Nick

why do we want to see scum bags like this on the telly??

Well I can’t speak for you but I find it interesting because a) I spent quite a lot of time working in prisons a few years back (visited more than 40, inc Strangeways) and b) because it another facet of society and human life, turning your back on it and ignoring it won’t make it go away.

cinnamon_girl

However why do we want to see scum bags like this on the telly??

Get down from your high horse and stop being so judgemental. Not everyone is born into a middle-class existence, not everyone has had an education, not everyone realises they could have a better life.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Theyr’e not all scumbags actually, only about 75-85% are, speaking from experience like.
    We do have one particular scumbag on our wing at the moment though, 1 horrible piece of nastiness who will probably serve no useful purpose for the rest of his life. Luckily for us (staff) but unluckily (for the general public) he’s only got 10 days left to serve.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

The self harm part of the programme was a real eye opener.

335.geek
    Free Member

So that people like you will have something to rant about when they were too daft to turn over to last of the summer wine or heartbeat or something equally lovely, that’s my guess.

El-bent
    Free Member

Thought I’d lob this hand grenade in to see how many “outraged of middleshires” get hit with shrapnel.

Read an article on it over the weekend, quite novel.

highclimber
    Free Member

I lost interest TBH.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I wonder how many of those outraged have actually ever met anyone who’s bin inside, or bin on the wrong side of the Law themselves?

Good hand grenade, El-bent… 8)

cinnamon_girl

OK, I’ll lob a grenade too – very interesting link there El-bent and it could undoubtedly work in the U.K.

The homeless guy who was self-harming – how moving was that?

Northwind

Enjoyed the grenade…

“The Freedom party is calling for tougher, longer sentences.”

LOLZ.

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

I’ve been in prison and it was bloody rubbish, nowhere near as much fun as the right wing knee jerk asshat press had led me to believe. I felt cheated frankly.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I’ve been to prison twice, both times teaching art as therapy. I was intrested to see what a higher secuirty prison was like, so I watched the programme. I found it intresting and a well produced documentary to be honest. I’ve heard self harm was common but to see the extent of it was very eye opening.

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

“I’ve heard self harm was common but to see the extent of it was very eye opening.”

I think that,to a degree is because a disproportionately high percentage of the prison population (compared to the non prison population anyway) are there because of mental illness,and self harm is endemic with people who are seriously mentally ill,with psychosis as opposed to a bit depressed(no insult intended)

I know a great many of the people I know who are mentally ill, it’s been a big factor in how they ended up there.Certainly was for me anyway.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘That strangeways programme, why???’ is closed to new replies.