Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • That slouch pants thing
  • mountaincarrot
    Free Member

Walking behind a bloke the other day. What happens when pants follow the same contour as jeans, and grubby long T shirt is too short?

Call me old fasioned, but here was almost daylight through the col. Would you have said something?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I was in the co-op in Penzance last week.

I bloke's jeans were hung well below his arse (covered with patterned boxers, obviously) and I have no idea how they were staying up. Looked right chilly!

IanMunro
    Free Member

I like the limping ones who wear jeans designed with crotchs at knee level.
    They remind me of penguins, slightly disabled ones.

Coyote
    Free Member

Ian Munro owes me a new keyboard.

<Off to make a fresh cup of tea to replace the one spat over said keyboard>

Tim
    Free Member

I still dont know how the jeans stay up 🙂

its also very gey 🙂

grievoustim
    Free Member

They don't stay up. I've been stuck in close quarters at gigs with them, and they are constantly having to hitch them up (not too far though, wouldn't want to cover your pants up). I'm willing to let it go on teenagers, they are meant to dress in such a way that old men like us get wound up by it. However I have seen plenty of peole doing it in their 20s and 30s who really should know better

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Anyone who exposes their scants are fair game for the good ol' wedgie. That's why it was invented in the 1st place.

wwaswas

I think it helps if you have rickets, tbh.

PrinceJohn

Baggy jeans I can understand to a point.. It's the emo jeans that I cant understand…

tron
    Free Member

Worst I've ever seen was in Eccy Road Tesco in Sheffield. Studenty sort of lad, looked like he spent half his life in the gym and on sunbeds.

His trousers were so low you could see his pubes. Not at all pleasant.

porterclough
    Free Member

I must be getting old, 'cos whenever I see this I have to resist a parental type urge to pull their trousers up for them and tell them to get a belt.

Perhaps if everyone did this they'd stop doing it?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I agree give them a weggie no tlike they could actually run after you is it.
    Looks stupid but every teenager should dress a little bit stupidly it is what it was for – I had a Mohican, Goth phase ,Grunge and dreds for my sins

yoshimi

Johnnie….what would you call yor current 'phase'? 🙂

hels
    Free Member

Aye, when will this fad go out too ? I saw it in San Francisco on skater kids in the early 90s – copied from Hip Hop fashion where it was meant to signify you had been in prison and they took your belt away, and yes we laughed at them I remember clearly watching one try to run for a bus, to much hilarity. Thats nearly 20 years ago so can we declare this over soon please ??

ourmaninthenorth

it was meant to signify you had been in prison and they took your belt away

Or that you were for, er, hire?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ageing hippy????
    Fair point yer barsteward

Nick

It was Alexander McQueen's fault, he designed 'bumster' jeans, he's dead now so hopefully this fashion will die out with him.

Oscar Wilde once said, Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months', that doesn't seem to apply to Sombrio though, everything they produce is ugly.

grahamh
    Free Member

splatz
    Free Member

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

It was Alexander McQueen's fault, he designed 'bumster' jeans, he's dead now so hopefully this fashion will die out with him.

I thought it came from US prisons where the uniforms were often ill-fitting. Homies that came out of the slammer, continued this look to give off the gangsta image and was quickly adopted by gangsta wannabees and rappers. MacQueen copied this look for his jeans.

rowley
    Free Member

i think the fashion for cuping themselves underneath their baggy grey marl trackie bottoms is quite hideous.

DA_DOOD–lulz
    Free Member

I thought it came from US prisons where the uniforms were often ill-fitting

Half right. It comes from the US gaols when belts are taken off people in custody so that they don't top themselves .

Which is why it looks so tarded on some spotty middle class white 15 year old in Woking.

DrJ

it was meant to signify you had been in prison and they took your belt away

Can't say STW isn't informative 🙂

Now – how about returning youths sporting this absurd "fashion" to jail?

footstomper
    Free Member

I think at some stage most of us have worn some stupid and often damned ugly get up's when younger, but to have a pair of pants/jeans impairing how you walk is crazy. i saw a young lad trying to run for a bus with a pair of these the other week it looked like he had sh-t himself 😯

However I have seen plenty of peole doing it in their 20s and 30s who really should know better

Would be great if they where women 😈

MikeT-23
    Free Member

I think this fad was best dealt with by a fellow Glaswegian of mine in the following sketch:

samuri
    Free Member

There's a great video on youtube somewhere of a guy doing BMX tracks with his jeans like that. After a couple of seconds, the obvious happens, the jeans get caught round the seat and he mullers himself.

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

I thought it came from US prisons where the uniforms were often ill-fitting. MacQueen copied this look for his jeans.

McQueen just wanted some botty action

Bagstard
    Free Member

There have been many awful fashions and most of us have been guilty at one time or another, but the girly jeans, poo pants look really bugs me.
    As if tight jeans weren't bad enough already!

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

around my way (new addington-croydon) i get to see all sorts of trends (from my little brother mainly) I like it when the wear a pair of track suit bottoms under there jeans so there bum wont get cold.

also the new one is the stupid fake ugg boots, the girls end up walking on the side of them and the sole is on the side of there foot!!

im only 23 and i think there all f**king tramps. **FFS Pull Up Your Jeans Or I Will Wedgie You**

IanMunro
    Free Member

also the new one is the stupid fake ugg boots, the girls end up walking on the side of them and the sole is on the side of there foot!!

Yep I've noticed a few of them around recently. I can't work out if they're just total unaware, incapable of putting on boots without the help of an adult, or if it's some form of cripplechick fashion statement.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘That slouch pants thing’ is closed to new replies.