Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • That new trail on Haldon Hill…
  • stumpytrek
    Free Member

Most of it seems to be almost finished. Anyone know when it might officially open??

crispybacon
    Free Member

is that the new Red or some as yet still cheeky stuff 😉

squattingmouse
    Free Member

I was speaking to the rangers today. They didn't say and from the sound of it they aren't too happy with the bloke charged with implementing the plans (especially as he didn't get the design contract and had a good slating of the place in a certain magazine).

Bits of it are finished and rideable but there's some nice tight blue nylon rope up and a few fence type barriers up to try and stop you riding it.

stumpytrek
    Free Member

Large parts of it seem pretty much finished and on the whole look good. Nice fast bit between the play and family trails has no obstacles at all so presumably officially open?? Hope they get it done soon!

stumpytrek
    Free Member

Cornered a warden this morning. They are hoping to open the new red run on the first or second week of October.

Oh and the car park ticket machines appear to have been replaced by a man in an orange tabbard who accosts you when you drive in.

ajantom

The whole parking situation up there annoys me a bit – personally I don't use it, as I always cycle up from Kennford, but it seems a bit overpriced, and it's of the 24/7 variety. All it does is encourage people to park badly along the road in order to avoid paying.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘That new trail on Haldon Hill…’ is closed to new replies.