Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • That new On-One – the Deedar
  • plyphon
    Free Member

http://www.on-one.co.uk/c/q/bikes/mountain-bikes/deedar?utm_source=web&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=Ban1DeeDar

Looks quite good, not sure about that seat tube/toptube brace, but the angles and marketing gumpf seem spot on.

I too enjoy taking a “hooligan” branded hardtail down blue graded trails!

BoardinBob

What does it do that a 45650b doesnt?

pezza
    Free Member

Quote from one one site:

The On-One DeeDar takes the 4560b hardcore hardtail concept to the next level- It’s the hooligan hardtail. Longer, lower and slack enough to tackle anything. Its what we wanted to ride, an Enduro sled, with a hardtail, made for dirty, bike riding fun.

so there 😀

ads678

Stupid name.

BoardinBob

0.2 degrees slacker. Revolutionary!

Bolt through rear end is good.

FOG

Anthropological note — Deedar is what people from Barnsley call Sheffielders due to their pronunciation of 2nd person pronouns

superstu
    Free Member

I might be wrong but looking at the geo I didn’t think the reach was much different to the 45650b? So for me, ignoring their marketing guff, I couldn’t see any benefit.

Incidentally their geometry doesn’t seem to be embracing genuinely longer reach frames. Just swapped my 45650b frame to a pinnacle Iroko and it’s about two inches longer!

antigee

Ok so roll on 12months what will replace “sled” or is sled already past it sell by date?

Endurimil
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/new-wheel-size-from-on-one/page/2

Some build pics in the earlier thread but other than online chat seen nothing much else on this.

buckster
    Free Member

It reads like a crappy US themed restaurant menu, its not an elegant frame to look at IMHO

therevokid
    Free Member

i shall mostly be sticking to my tinbred then …. 😉

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

“sled” 😳

i shall mostly be sticking to my tinbred then

Me too!

kayak23

Like the lack of Marmite wishbone seatstay (from what I can make out)
    Personally not keen on the long brace.

dannyh
    Free Member

I’m a confirmed 45650b fanboy, so this bike makes me go ‘hmmmmm’ rather than ‘yeah’. If nothing else, that extended brace just makes me think that they could have achieved exactly the same effect with a shorter brace and saved the bit of weight as well.

Cheezpleez

Stupid name. I initially wrote off the frame as fugly but it’s starting to grow on me. Not cheap enough but I expect it will be soon.

ben98
    Free Member

Having seen it in the flesh today, I personally think its a really nice looking long travel hardtail. The tubes are really skinny which I like and it just looks like a good fun bike, though I’d have given it 29″ wheels, that’s my bias.

psycorp
    Free Member

I usually like OO steel frames, I’ve had plenty over the years and still have one, but this looks like it comes pre-crashed.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Frame looks dated and should be something you’d find on a 1996 steel frame..

cookeaa

I reckon the 45650b will be gone by the end of the year…

And they still lack a new carbon equivalent… The C456 was a popular frame, why no C45650b / or deedar-carbon?

coomber
    Free Member

The 45650b already looks and rides dated. It is short and not that slack.

Also it’s cheap now so gives the impression it’s not a long term thing. Like the parkwood 27.5″ it seemed rushed to me rather than the old on one considered approach, as they have made some cracking handrails over the years. Both came out with little fanfare and seemed to have sold few, see far more 26er on ones then 650b’s in the flesh.

I lost interest at ‘Hooligan Hardtail’

BoardinBob

The 45650b already …. rides dated

Endurimil
    Free Member

Both versions of the 456 cheap new? Seen to many of those going used for the same price new second hand in NA.

coomber
    Free Member

BoardinBob

Appreciate that wasn’t articulated very well. My point was that it rides like a retro bike almost. Very perched up and the reach is really hard to get used to when you are used to longer bikes. Some might like that and others might not. I’m in the latter camp.

Agree on the deedar that the long brace seems unecessary. Makes it look distinctive I guess but I’d prefer it steeper and more dropped.

dannyh
    Free Member

Coomber heads out on a ride:

dragon
    Free Member

I assume it’s name is based on the noise they make when someone mentions ‘QA/QC’ or ‘Customer Service’?

coomber
    Free Member

:lol:I’m going to stop replying to this thread 😆

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘That new On-One – the Deedar’ is closed to new replies.