Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • that new google search thingy – smart search? minor rant.
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i dunno what its really called – but its the one where it automatically changes what you searched for, if it thinks you’ve got it wrong.

its bloody annoying.

is there any way of turning it off?

for example, i just searched for something in chumphon (thailand), and it decided i actually wanted to search for ‘chump’, and so changed the search results, and asked me if i actually wanted to search for chumphon. YES, WHICH IS WHY I TYPED CHUMPHON>

FFS. if i’ve types domething wrong, suggest the correct one for sure, but don’t **** change it without my persmission, BECAUSE I MIGHT HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN SEARCHING FOR WHAT I TYPES.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s been like that for ages and ages.

Drac

Tested Chumphon, worked straight off looks very nice.

simon_g

Top right – settings, search settings, Do not use Google Instant

Drac

FOR WHAT I TYPES

I think I may have identified the problem.

johnners
    Free Member

I would have thought you’d have found the correction quite useful considering that you keep hitting “s” instead of “d”.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

chumphon doesn’t have a ‘d’ in it.

it just did it again – i typed ‘mui ne tourist office’ (its in vietnam), and it gave me maine in the US. FFS.

anyway, i will look through the settings, thanks.

Drac

Your goggle is broke auto complete even suggest mui ne with holidays, hotels plus after I typed “mui “.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

PICNIC?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

lucky for you drac 🙁
    i don’t want holidays there anyway, just the tourist office (it didn’t seem to have one)

instant search now switched off, and searches going much better.

thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘that new google search thingy – smart search? minor rant.’ is closed to new replies.