• This topic has 46 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • That Manchester photo
  • Klunk
    Free Member

larger version of it

cloudnine
    Free Member

Its just drunk **** making an utter nuisance of themselves. They should be billed for the trip to hospital / police station. The rehashed paintings are ace though..

cynic-al
    Free Member

Just like a Caravaggio. Golden ratios and all.

jekkyl

love the guy on the floor simultaneously pulling up his pants and reaching for his beer, which miraculously hasn’t been split given his recumbent posture.

neilthewheel

😀

martinhutch

That’s nicely done. Love the Seurat as well.

EDIT: Too Slow…

Harry_the_Spider

You can almost hear her shouting “Leave it Ryan, he’s not wirf it!”

Makes me proud to be a Manc.

cranberry
    Free Member

I like that they got Superdry and Greggs into the picture.

It is like a modern day Gin Lane:

tomhoward

Jack Dawson, just out of shot, drawing the chap in blue ‘like one of his French girls’…

Bimbler
    Free Member

Golden ratio

binners

It captures the very essence of the city, yet at the same time highlights probably its only deficiency. In Newcastle that Greggs would have been a 24 hour one.

allthepies
    Free Member

Is that Binners reclining on his tarmac chaise longue?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s days like this I miss Jamie

nickc

21st century Hogarth.

Almost looks staged

Klunk
    Free Member

Is that Binners reclining on his tarmac chaise longue?

don’t be silly there’s a Greggs nearby.

slowoldman

Looks like a standard Friday night in Manchester to me.

binners

Friday night? My office used to be just down the road from there. I’ve seen Tuesday lunchtimes that look like that

Moses

There is a whole series of them HERE

Look at the chap in the olive shirt before and after meeting the police, a few photos in…

Junkyard
    Free Member

I dont see what is that great about it tbh

Granted the drunk trying to fet his drink as he pulls his pants up is interesting but its hardly a surprise that New Years eve – or frankly most weekends- looks like that in drink fuelled Britain

stewartc
    Free Member

There is a whole series of them HERE

Ah, to be young again, I remember weekends in Manchester in the early 90’s when an ex was studying at Salford, a real eye opener for someone bought up on Cinderellas in Guildford and the Fleet Country Club.

binners

I dont see what is that great about it tbh

You know when you do your L’oreal photoshoots? Its the same principle. Its all about the composition, innit?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I like it, think (having been provoked into seeing it as a Modern Classic) it does indeed look like a Modern Classic.

As for Manchester, shirley it looks like that Night and Day 24/7, 365…

Glad I don’t live there 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

]You know when you do your L’oreal photoshoots? Its the same principle. Its all about the composition, innit?

NO ITS ABOUT THE SWISH!

perhaps I just lack the ability to see aesthetics but it doesn’t look like owt special to me.

wwaswas

noltae
    Free Member

Meanwhile Paris was a ghost town owing to the ‘state of emergency’ and NYC had 6000 police patrolling – I’d say all things considered NYE Manchester looks relatively civilized ..

matt_outandabout

My brother in law is one of the officers in those pictures. 😕 I don’t know how he does his job.

I don’t get it. The culture of such heavy drinking and the acceptance of the behaviour, some even in this thread thinking it is cool.

I personally think that there should just be an en-masse sin bin area, that you are kept in for 24 hours if you are hauled of the street drunk, plus a big fat mandatory fine when you leave the pen, that goes directly back into NHS and police.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Looks like the guy on the floor is a bit flat, needs an STW style pick me up!

binners

I personally think that there should just be an en-masse sin bin area, that you are kept in for 24 hours if you are hauled of the street drunk

Are you volunteering to shove everyone in there? Do you think they’ll just potter along there happily? And how big are they going to have to be? If you shove everyone pissed in there on an average Saturday night, the pubs would be empty and there would just be a riot going off in the sin bin as the rampaging hoards of stella fuelled loons went mental!!!

Nice idea, which would never actually work

stewartc
    Free Member

It does remind me of this classic..
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzP1XC51kro[/video]

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I personally think that there should just be an en-masse sin bin area, that you are kept in for 24 hours if you are hauled of the street drunk

Sounds like when rangers are down for the europa final… That ended well

lowey

Excellent work Gravity Slave. 😀

miketually
    Free Member

I like the full gallery. The photos/captions either side of the main one are great: “police intervene” becomes “police help injured man”

matt_outandabout

and there would just be a riot going off in the sin bin as the rampaging hoards of stella fuelled loons went mental!!!

Your problem with that caller?

Seems a nice way of putting folk off such behaviour and cost to the rest of us…..

( 😉 )

Harry_the_Spider

…ah “The Rangers Episode”. Drunken riots and people defecating in the streets etc.

I very nearly had an incident the following morning when some clown waving a blue scarf was wandering about in the middle of the road during rush hour. The road in question being the M60.

The reclining man looks like Denis from Auf Wiedersehen Pet. If it is him he is old enough to know better.

slowoldman

…ah “The Rangers Episode”. Drunken riots and people defecating in the streets etc.

The stench in the streets the morning after was disgusting.

binners

I’d been at a funeral in Cheshire so hadn’t really registered any of it, got the train back to Piccadilly, got off and inadvertently wandered in to what I assumed to be some bizarre Scottish Bucky-fuelled end-of-the-world apocalyptic theme park.

I’d call them animals, but thats a slur on four legged friends

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I was working in the heaven of the Midlands that is Warrington… All. Off the train straight to tesco for 2 cases then back on the train, at 11am I could see what was going to happen

D0NK

I don’t get it. The culture of such heavy drinking and the acceptance of the behaviour, some even in this thread thinking it is cool.

Does anyone here think it’s cool? I like the main pic*, does look almost staged with so much going on, like the Gin Lane pic. The full gallery just makes me glad I was nowhere near any of it. 31 pics most of them with people throwing up or fighting (tho I’m sure lots of people managed to go out on NYE in manchester without making a **** of themselves – or indeed crossing paths with the people in the pics)

*and I do mean the picture not the reality it portrays.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

bizarre Scottish Bucky-fuelled end-of-the-world apocalyptic theme park

Bucky is from Devon, although I’ll wager you already knew that. Funny though that you try to transpose the reality of that Manc’y mess onto a “Scots are all boozed up animals” trope; yet the biggest NY party in the world takes place in Edinburgh…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘That Manchester photo’ is closed to new replies.