• This topic has 46 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by hora.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • That Manchester photo
  • RustySpanner

Footie fans from all over the world in Manchester on a regular basis.

Only the Rangers fans behave like that.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

I wonder if that photo (OP’s one) will be added to the Peoples’ Museum down the road, where there’s a Temperance Movement exhibition.. They’d have loved it as an example for their cause..

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Footie fans from all over the world in Manchester on a regular basis.

Only the Rangers fans behave like that.

Not on that scale – roughly 150000 fans all going to their first European final in years and years. Perfect storm of a few violent ****, way too much booze and poor planning from the council. They’ve been back since and everything went off without a hitch.

The snap in the OP is a modern classic though.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

at 11am I could see what was going to happen

Me too. I was heading North up the M6 to Carlisle and the number of coaches stopped on the hard shoulder so neanderthals in football shirts could urinate on the verge, tinny in hand, was staggering.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

They’ve been back since and everything went off without a hitch.

They corralled them in Wiggan before the match though. Hard to cause trouble when you’ve got to be somewhere miles away 3 hours before the match which means far less booze and no one on the streets.

scuttler

Bucky is from Devon, but popular up North (well beyond Manchester)

http://www.theguardian.com/society/shortcuts/2014/feb/03/buckfast-triangle-alcoholic-drink-monks-west-

‘Wreck the hoose juice’

hora
    Free Member

Evening. That is a iconic pic IMO. If you zoom in you can see Binners loitering at the back with a pie in-mitt

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘That Manchester photo’ is closed to new replies.