Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Tftuned – Sealhead upgrade
  • guandax
    Free Member

I notice that tftuned offer a sealhead upgrade option as part of a service. What is it? Worth doing?

BadlyWiredDog

I’m guessing you’re referring to the earlier Pike etc, Charger damper. There was a common issue with the earlier Pike Charger rebound damper where the seal on the piston head on the damper failed and allowed oil to leak out of the damper and into the fork lower. Symptoms include reduced travel, iffy damping and the lockout stops working effectively.

The sealhead on later Pikes was upgraded and stops this happening and can be retrofitted to earlier forks, I’m guessing this is what TFT is offering. There was also an aftermarket solution which I fitted and also sorts the issue, forgotten what it was called, Australian I think.

Definitely worth doing if your current sealhead has failed. Probably worth doing even if it hasn’t as it’ll make sure it doesn’t happen in the future.

guandax
    Free Member

Thanks for the info. I’ll get it upgraded.

BadlyWiredDog

No worries. I guess if you’ve had no problems so far, you could just leave it be, but if the fork’s coming apart anyway and you can afford it, I think it makes sense. You can swap the sealhead yourself, but it’s slightly fiddly and also means you need to bleed the damper afterwards. TFT are great for talking through stuff if you want to check the pros and cons..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Tftuned – Sealhead upgrade’ is closed to new replies.